Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

DOUBLE BULL BLINDS

J

jdavis

I bought a double bull blind several years back and really like it. Last weekend I went to put the blind up for turkey season and I broke one of the plastic tips off the rod. I called the double bull blind company on Monday and the lady asked how many did I need. I told her one. Today (Wed.) I went to the mailbox and there they were. In stead of one she sent me six and at NO CHARGE. Its nice to do buisness with good people. Just thought I wouls pass it along.

They are second to none in customer service and the products they sell. Great products and very nice people. I have had the same experience with them.

double bull is the best company i've ever worked with. they would send replacement parts pretty much no questions asked. that's why that i think that those blinds are worth every penny. your'e not jsut getting a great product but you're getting great customer service.

QDmer, Sounds like they go out of their way to help their customers. How about you call them a tell them you accidently tore a hole in your blind and see if they send you a new one. If they do I will take the old one.
evil.gif

I bought a DB T2 blind over the winter and can't wait for turkey season to start. Have heard lots of good things about them. Am looking forward to getting some good pictures and film of wildlife using the blind also.

I've had a D-B blind for sevaral years ! I keep trying to wear it out so I can get a new one with the big windows and shoot thru netting but it just won't wear out! SUPERIOR PRODUCT!

Depends what you are looking for. I started out with the T2. It is good for one person and one person only. I upgraded to the I5. In my opinion I think that is the best blind for the money. It has a very dark lining and the windows are great. You can see from any direction no matter what your setup. It offers great shooting opportunities. I would recommend going with the I5 if you might ever have somebody else with you - or just too much stuff for the smaller T2 blind.

DOR,
If you are planning on doing any whitetail hunting out of it I would recommend the BS5. Nice big viewing windows and deer will not tolerate the black openings if you don't leave it out there for them to get use to. I have found that with the big windows open it helps to wear all black. Any way they are all top shelf products with customer service to go with the product. If you are going to take kids or someone else the room in the t-5 and the bs5 are really nice.

I would also highly recommend the light weight rods if you are going to be doing a lot of walking (ie black hills ect...) they are worth the extra money.

i'm a fan of the import 5 (I5) also. the window covers in the import each have a small mesh window to shoot out/through if you want. the big screen 5 (BS5) is pretty much the same blind except it has, like Limb stated, a huge viewing/shooting window in it. the I5's have darker lining than the BS5 i think. i also wear darker clothing on my upper body in the blinds. cover your face, hands, EVERYTHING. some people go so far as to get black cloth and put it on their bow limbs and black tape on their sites. any other questions let me know.

Do you think there is a good way to make a big viewing window in the I5 like what the BS5 has w/o having to buy a whole new blind and compromising the quality of the existing blind?

Buck,
I checked into this last year and double bull will convert your blind for $50 + s/h. They said if I got it to them on a Monday I'd be hunting out of it that weekend. I never had it done, but they said its not a big deal.

mole

Thanks muddy and limb, I would want something that i could fit a hunter and video man (or tripod)into. I would like it to be versatile enough to hunt turkeys and deer with. Currently I am shooting 1.75 JAK's, and i am guessing that i will have to change to a fixed head instead of mechanical to shoot through mesh?? Is the Bs5 the blind for me? How mobile is it? I know i saw limbs modified golf cart setup a while back that looked pretty slick! Fella's????
grin.gif

Very mobil. Once you get the hang of it you can take it down and put it up in no time... The cart idea is simply to haul all my other crap with me it would be real slick for hauling a tripod camera equip. ect... I shoot jak-hammers as well and just never had the guts to shoot them out of the netting. I would not hesitate to shoot rocket steel heads out of it though. I am switching to the G5 Tekan for deer so those should cut an opening without deploying the blades first... You don't need to use the netting for turkeys. The BS5 is for you.
grin.gif

PS. Get the light weight rods!
grin.gif

i am not sure if the jakhammers will go through the mesh, if they're kept closed by rubber bands, maybe. if you want two people you will want the I5 or the BS5. if you put some sneaky leaves on it or brush it in really well you should be okay with deer and turkey. if you do sneaky leaves you'll need to do the golf cart thing as it won't fit into the bag anymore. i think that you'll be okay with either blind you decide as long as it's the larger sized one instead of the T2 smaller one.

is that the new bag that they are using now Limb? i remembered that as soon as i posted. i saw one at scheels, they look pretty sweet. wonder what they charge for one of them!!
wink.gif

thanks for the immediate response guys....but what else would you expect from to computerholics. A double bull will be my next archery purchase!!
grin.gif

DOR, you won't be disappointed i guarantee it!! computeraholic?? more like iowawhitetail junkie!! LoL iowawhtietail is like crack for my brain!!
wink.gif

Top Bottom