Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Double Bull Double

Auggie

Life Member
Sunday morning did not start off good. My dad was late showing up and because of the lack of experience setting up the blind, it was 6:00 before we were settled in. It was a good thing there wasn't a bird within 200 yards or they would have been long gone. They were hammering pretty good around us but didn't seem to be closing any distance. A little after seven we finally had one coming and he closed the distance in a hurry. At that time a hen came over the hill and took him away without us even getting a peek at him as he was behind us. A half hour later, he finished with her and we heard drumming. Out of nowhere he appears to the left at 35 yards. Dad hadn't gotten one yet so he was to have the shot, That was until I noticed to Tom's following the big boy in the front. He was to take the right one and I was to take the left. The bigger one fanned out and the second proceeded around him on the right to check out the decoys. Dad gave the three count and the 870's roared simutaneously. The high fives were in order. This will truly be an unforgettable memory with my dad.
His bird weighed in at 19lbs 10.25 beard, 1", and 7/8 spurs
Mine went 23lbs, 11.25 beard 1 1/8 spurs

837double05.jpg

Great Job Buddy!
waytogo.gif

First time your Dad would drink a beer with us at 9:00 in the morning.
beerchug.gif

Nice work Jake. Boy that is a good lookin tail fan ya got on yours...
grin.gif

Note to Jake...take pictures first pluck second.
evil.gif

sounds like you guys had a blast. Counting down the days till my season...hoping my brother and I can duplicate the double out of my double bull. Congrats Auggie!
grin.gif

Nice job...glad I was able to see the birds. You going to lay the fan out and dry it with borax??? would make a nice mount for the wall
grin.gif

I don't think Auggie is going to share his episode of the "tail dance" during the excitement of things.
evil.gif

Sure was fun to watch you guys try and make a fan out of the feathers though!
grin.gif

Awesome, have been in on a coulple of doubles myself. I like to do the counting, the last one I almost got short changed, with my buddy going on 2 instead of 3 or was it 1. All I know is he was gonna have the first shot.

Top Bottom