Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Double Drop Has Been Dropped

mphenk5

I have this buck on my trail camera from late September. He was shot with a bow around Nov. 5th by a neighbor of mine. There was some debate whether or not it is the same buck, but when I compared the harvest picture to the trail cam, it looks to me to be the same buck. I believe he busted a tine off that came off his left G3. The brow tines and the left droptine are what convinces me it is the same buck. The last picture is another buck he harvested last week. A damn good year with a bow I would say!
4016double_drop_3_-med.jpg

4016123-med.jpg

4016gabelman_2_-med.jpg

Wow! That has been a good season for him. I think that trail cam pic definitely matches up with the buck he harvested.

Muzz, good for him, bad for you. It's hard not to feel excited for your neighbor and a little dissapointed for yourself at the same time. When I saw the post I was really hoping it was you that got him. That would have been pretty cool since you put in the time with the trail cams. Congrats to him, that's a giant.

Thanks Coach. I will admit that my heart sank a bit when I heard that a double drop had been taken a quarter mile from my house. But at the same time, I was happy for my neighbor and congratulated him on an awesome buck. I am sure most bowhunters have had these feelings atleast once before. Yes, I would have loved to been the one to harvest him but you can't get them all and I was not about to show the least bit of disappointment and rain on his parade. After all, there is still a month and a half to go, I got one P&Y down, and there are plenty of shooters still out there.
laugh.gif

Top Bottom