Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

double mainbeam

I'm not trying to start anything, but I seriously want to know if it is legal to shoot from or off of a vehicle. I frequently hunt on drives where I am standing near my truck. The truck is a long way from a road, not running & no keys in it. It might be nice to use the hood for a rest, not to mention the warmth of sitting inside if needed. What about if you are just off the road, say on a lane entering provate ground? I've never done this because I did not think it was legal.

I'm not asking if people think it a good idea or not, just the "legaleze". Thanks for any input.

2-bucks

I don't know if its legal or not, and honestly never thought it wouldn't be In the situation I was in. Here I am putting all my gear away, on private property, a mile away from the road. A deer comes thru the cattle herd. Now the truck isn't running, the keys aren't even in the ignition (apparently leaving the keys in new dodge trucks run the batteries down, then your F'd) I have two options at this point. Set one cheek on the driver side seat, one leg on the ground and use the door as a rest or I can try to run to the nearest post twenty feet away with out being detected. I chose what seem to be the most sensible,stable shot. I find it really hard to believe that doing that is wrong or illegal. But the way things are any more you never know. You think you do everything right and your still wrong.

Thanks Randy, and everyone else whos commented. I have to say...i think laikyn was just about as excited as i was. that is until she found out the next process of harvesting a deer. theres only so many times you can listen to a kid say "Ahh gross" before you send them to the house.

Thanks Randy, and everyone else whos commented. I have to say...i think laikyn was just about as excited as i was. that is until she found out the next process of harvesting a deer. theres only so many times you can listen to a kid say "Ahh gross" before you send them to the house.

Congrats!! Great deer and a doll for a daughter!! If thats the most UNLAWFULL thing you do... Well congrats to that too!!:way:

picked my deer up a week ago from Jerry Simon at Deer30 taxidermy.

1050-4.jpg

1050-3.jpg

1050-2.jpg

1050-1.jpg

I never heard of anybody seeing this deer other than my uncle while he was doing some dirt work this fall on some waterways, but not until I harvested the deer did he say he thought he saw it a week earlier. No sheds and no trail cam pics

Top Bottom