Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dove Bill, CALL TO ACTION NOW!!!

THA4

A Few Steps Ahead Of You
This literally took 3 minutes!

Just got word that the fate of this bill could come down to a straw poll, and we need as many YES votes as possible. I don't care if you don't dove hunt we are the only state in the nation with a huntable population of Mourning Doves without a season. This will mean more $$ to the IDNR's bottom line, which we need!!!

Do this for our kids!

Call 515-281-3371 Which is the Iowa State Senate Hotline where you can place your vote. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do this!!!!

Do it now or I'll come by for a visit with a 5-Iron.... :thrwrck:
:grin:

picture.php

Last edited:
Done!

I probably won't ever shoot one, but I might ask for the return favor when they ask for public opinion on using dogs to blood trail. :way:

Done took about 3 minutes. The operator did ask that when people do call in to be sure to know who your senator is.

Pupster

Last edited:
I was in the capital this morning, I went down for the NRC meeting on all the proposed hunting rule changes for fall and stopped in to talk to my state Senator Wilhelm.

She is firmly on the fence. She grew up a farm girl (and I know she has done some fishing) so she understands our side but she told me that she has recieved quite a few more vote no messages than vote yes.

She also said that she thinks we're short on votes right now for passage which would mean Sen Gronstall wouldn't even bring it to the floor for debate so she's not going to make her mind up either way until she knows it's going to come up for a vote.

So, if you live in Chickasaw, Howard, Winneshiek or Allamakee counties give her a shout. She told me she prefers e-mail because they're so busy she has a hard time returning peoples calls at reasonable hours but can e-mail anytime.

[email protected]

P.S. The tracking dogs thing is in the notice approved by the NRC today, it's up for public comment now until about the end of April, the ICN meeting is April 27. It will be finalized with another NRC vote in June.

If your rep is on list below please contact them.

· Calls from inside Senate districts are running 50/50, so we need to get ahead on that.
· Senators are working at least part of the day on Friday—so can take calls in the Senate
· There will be opportunities to speak to Senators on the weekend at home in person—even better. Mike is to send me a list of legislative listening posts by tomorrow morning, and I will forward that out.
· While all Senators need to hear and see us at those meetings, the critical Democrats that really need attention are below. Click on the districts

Name
Email
Democrat
Webster
Democrat
Jackson
Democrat
Linn
Democrat
Black Hawk
Democrat
Pottawattamie