Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dove Numbers?

bradley

triplebeam
went dove hunting twice now went on the opening morning & this morning seen maybe a dozen on the opener & seen 2 this a.m.Wonder if it has anything to do with the temps up north or numbers just down.

Saw a ton up here yesterday morning. Even hit a couple :D I think it can vary quite a bit depending on your location.

NWBuck

last year seen hundreds on the wires around the public i hunt in sw iowa this year lucky to see 20

Confident some went south with the cool nights we had a few weeks back. Still a lot around but they've all but disappeared from my farm since the cool weather.

We have had some great hunts so far. Haven't had any problem shooting our limits since monday. I don't think that the mass majority of them have made it to southern iowa yet, just my own observation.
We have noticed a huge increase in eurasian doves! Out of a 4 man limit on Monday it was close to 40% eurasians.
In yrs past it was neat if one person in the group killed their first one.
We found a deal on bacon in late winter and a group of us bought 90 lbs and it's paying dividends now eating up all these doves. Still alot of recipes to try

Had a good hunt tonight in Indiana. Two man limit in 40 minutes with 75 shots total. Birds were full of wheat mainly. If the rain holds off we will try again tomorrow.

5 man limit in under an hour opening morning and 3 man limit on Wednesday morning in just over an hour. Lots of birds in the sunflower plots we were around.

went out Saturday & sunday seen half dozen birds both times that's it!Sunflower plots down here don't look as good as last year other than that don't know what is going on.

Top Bottom