Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Downed 5 but only one keeper

NWBuck
I sure am glad your not my neighbor. This is simply a dumb paragraph, I wish you re read it in a couple years and look back thinking you used to be an idiot.
Have fun shooting that 4 point, what a blast!

Hey, feel free to disagree and make your point of view known, but calling another member an idiot is out of line. 10 yard penalty for offensive posting!

yeah. I've said it before and I'll say it again. not a lot of older age class deer get killed in our neck of the woods by shotgun hunters. they are more apt to be smacked by a car in November than shot by the group's around us. They are very inefficient buck killers. And our farms get hunted by a few different group's. come late muzzy all the bucks seem to re-apear. I can't tell you where they go but they have a safe haven somewhere. even the worst trespassing shotgun groups don't concern me to much. they know our ground has cameras and 2 lb test fishing line strung across driveways and such. no trespassing in the last 5 years and none of the big bucks we have on camera have ever been killed by any wayward shotgun groups. it might happen someday. but that's part of hunting wild deer. I don't own them and they arnt in a fence. sooner or later one of them will end up in the wrong place at the right time. that's part of the game.shotgun season is a great tool for guys to fill the freezer and possibly shoot a good buck. you can't control the actions of a few outlaw groups. other then catch them in the act and have them prosecuted to the fullest

My land butts up to said land. I know this group well and know exactly what he meant by rest were too small. Without witnessing them leaving them lay, I'm not going to make the direct statement saying they did not tag them. All I will say is he meant exactly what he said. And by too small he said they were fawns not little bucks. I shotgun hunt and don't hate the orange army. I do however hate slob hunter's/poachers no matter their weapon of choice. I also allowed this group to use my stands and blinds that were already set up. "Even though I hate the orange army" This afternoon I took my wife for a ride around the property only to find that one permanent blind they used is surrounded by used toilet paper and the solids that go with it. Rather than find a suitable location away from the blind that I let them use. They would just step out and crap around each corner. Also left trash and empty shell casings in the blind. Just pure slobs that care about nobody but themselves.

Get a clue buddy, we all know what this post was about and where he was leading with it :thrwrck:

I do, and I agree with him. To each their own, but no reason for you to get all up in arms about someone being upset that some other hunters shoot a bunch of small deer and then be dissapointed in the fact that the deer were small. If they weren't 'keepers' then why shoot them? Like I said, sounds exactly like some groups that I know. They same groups blast everything that moves, leaves yearly does/button bucks lay, then will talk about how they rarely see any decent sized bucks and it 'doesn't make since to them.'

NWBuck
I sure am glad your not my neighbor. This is simply a dumb paragraph, I wish you re read it in a couple years and look back thinking you used to be an idiot.
Have fun shooting that 4 point, what a blast!

I agree with NW on this one!! BB you are the idiot if you don't see the point he is trying to make. If you wipe out 4 does that we're carrying fawns you just thinned your following deer pop buy 12 deer possibly, but if you knock out 4 small bucks your still gaining a possibility of 8 deer the following season. It just like pheasant hunting you don't shoot the hens because they are the future of your sport. 1 buck can breed multiple does but if you would prefer a sausage fest of small bucks running around because all your bigger bucks are 2 farms over with the does NW didn't shoot don't be crying on here.

risto2351 said:
Because judging by your posts I bet you are between 16 and 25?

Am I correct?

13 ... Sorry next contestant? Or would you like to guess my weight as well? As long as you're not whining about shotgun hunters i guess??

Sounds like we need the moderator to shut this one down too. Getting pretty ugly on here..haha!

BowHnter said:
13 ... Sorry next contestant? Or would you like to guess my weight as well? As long as you're not whining about shotgun hunters i guess??

I get it now. Do you get beat up a lot at school with that attitude?

BowHnter I do not whine over such trivial things.

If you are indeed 13, someday you will learn that you will never persuade someone to your way of thinking (especially in cyberspace) by being a bully.

I bowhunt, shotgun hunt and muzzleload hunt. I see no problem in any of them if done legally and ethically. I prefer bowhunting but my son and daughter love gun hunting which I have no problem with in helping them learn the outdoors.

I do believe accomplished bowhunters are better hunters than shotgun hunters but that is because they put in more time persuing them.

Good luck to you.

Sorry - Back on topic.

It does suck how some people do not respect the animal but is it really a battle that you want to waste your energy on? He might not of meant anything by it in his thoughts or was just joking?

Fawns are the best eating. Meat is so tender and pink, like a veal calf. I cringe at the thought of that tender meat going to waste!

I agree with NW on this one!! BB you are the idiot if you don't see the point he is trying to make. If you wipe out 4 does that we're carrying fawns you just thinned your following deer pop buy 12 deer possibly, but if you knock out 4 small bucks your still gaining a possibility of 8 deer the following season. It just like pheasant hunting you don't shoot the hens because they are the future of your sport. 1 buck can breed multiple does but if you would prefer a sausage fest of small bucks running around because all your bigger bucks are 2 farms over with the does NW didn't shoot don't be crying on here.

I agree 1000000% with this statement. I know that in our parts in eastern central Iowa the herd is thinning, and thinning dangerously fast. 4-5 years ago we were use to seeing 10-15 deer a night bowhunting, and that would just be an average night. Now, if we see that many deer in a whole day we consider it a very good day. People are to inclined to buy into the whole "deer management, shoot does to get bigger bucks" theory, when in reality shooting does is doing nothing but lessening the herd. Most does are already bred by this time of year, and by shooting one doe there goes 1-2- maybe 3 deer next year. Seeing more and bigger bucks comes with seeing more deer in general, and with does getting slaughtered at the rate they are today the herd numbers are only going to drop.

If you guys know that they are leaving all these deer out there you should turn them in. Thats why they do it year after year because nobody turns them in. JMO

If you guys know that they are leaving all these deer out there you should turn them in. Thats why they do it year after year because nobody turns them in. JMO

X2 ! If you knew they were spotlighting, what would you do? Wanton waste of game is just as bad and just as reprehensible!

Top Bottom