Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

drop away rests

muddy

another question...

who among you use a drop away rest, what kind do you use, and how do you like it? i'm thinking of a trophy taker shakey hunter or else a quiktune 4000. once again if you use one are you using carbon or aluminum, vanes or feathers, feathe length, bow poundage...yadda yadda yadda. thanks.

muddy...I'm shooting a montama blackgold trapdoor rest off of a ben pearson 38 special set at #71 lbs.I'm lauching camo goldtip big game 100's with 3" feathers with 100 gr. pts. at about 264-268 fps.The rest so far has performed flawlessly.It tuned just fine.I chose the trapdoor because I did not want the linkage or cable setups that are on a lot of the other drop away rests.Montana blackgold now has a micro adjustable drop away that I like even better than the original.Looks like I'll have to buy one of them to. I've shot the arrows off the rest with different feather orientation,and have seen no difference in point of impact.

Muddy, I agree w/ John although.....I shot the MBG (Trap Door) for several months and it operated flawlessly. It is a great rest. But I never got over the security and comfort level I had when drawing back and seeing that arrow sitting on a GK Platinum or Rover. I think if I would have given it more time I would be there now.....I was struggeling with other problems and needed to get back to the basics, and switched to shooting south paw because of eye dominance. Try them all, everyone is different on this subject and you will know what "feels" right to you. Good luck.

Muddy, I agree w/ John although.....I shot the MBG (Trap Door) for several months and it operated flawlessly. It is a great rest. But I never got over the security and comfort level I had when drawing back and seeing that arrow sitting on a GK Platinum or Rover. I think if I would have given it more time I would be there now.....I was struggeling with other problems and needed to get back to the basics, and switched to shooting south paw because of eye dominance. Try them all, everyone is different on this subject and you will know what "feels" right to you. Good luck.

Been using the Muzzy Zero Effect rest for two years (at least) on my 2 MQ1's. Love the rest. It operates quietly and is reliable as well. See no need to ever change rests again. I use it for competitive shooting and hunting too.
smile.gif

Jerry

Hey Muddy did you trade that PSE off for a Hoyt yet?!!!! Just kidding. I bought the QuikTune 4000 a few months ago and love it. I think my groups are tighter and I am shooting better than I ever have at yardages out to 40-50. I had no problems tuning this rest. I shoot 7595 GoldTips at 270 fps. 28.25" long out of my Hoyt HavocTec. I use 4" vanes with a 1 degree offset.Well thats just my opinion Ill talk to you later.

Muddy,I have a trophy taker on my Q2 and love it.I have not had any problems, and my groups are much better.I think what I like the most is the bow shoots the same with field tips or fixed blade broadheads.I also switched from 2213s to gold tip 55/70s and love them.
good hunting, Mottspur.

I put the TT Shakey Hunter on my Q2 a few months ago...my groups are 50% tighter
cool.gif
. I had to bend the tip of the arrow cradle up a bit, to keep from hitting the shelf on my bow and add a little moleskin to the cradle. Very quiet and I couldn't be happier with my arrow flight.

I'm pulling 66 lbs. and shooting ACC 3-60's with 4" vanes and 3 degrees right helical.

thanks all, i appreciate the info, it'll help me out in the next purchase.

BowHunt'nFool - why would i want to trade down?

Top Bottom