Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Drop-away rests

miff007

I have been using a whisker biscuit for sometime. I tried a bow at scheels the other day with a drop-away rest and shot an incredibly tight group for being a new bow that I was not used to. What kind of fall-away do you all like (recommend).

Trophy Taker.
grin.gif

I too have the trophy taker shaky. What is the new trophy taker design supposed to do this year?

As far as a straight up hunting rest goes, the biscuit is probably the best. I just don't want to replace fletchings all the time.

Dennis,
Your arrow is in contact with that rest until the fletching clears which allows a lot of room for error (hand tourque, ect...). With a trophy taker it supports your arrow until release and then never touches your arrow again. Whisker bisquets are great for spot and stalk but for treestand hunting in my opinion, the trophy taker is tough to beat.

WOW Thanks all Looks unanimous I was torn between T.T. and Quality archery design (Ultra-rest) any opinions on that one. I guess the only plus it looks to me is that it traps your arrow and it can't fall out. At a pro-shop I tried the T.T. with the snap in arrow holder. When the bow was drawn back the arrow bounced up off the rest as it snapped out of the holder.

Thanks again all good info.

muzzy zero effect. awesome rest, allows for more movement, without having your arrow fall off the rest before the draw

I don't understand why I haven't heard more about the APA Ultimate Safari. How can you not like the concept of a full containment drop away rest?

Top Bottom