Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Drought

That may all change today. Parts of southern Iowa may pick up 2-5 inches of rain. Or that is what WOWT out of omaha was showing. Hopefully it will be a nice slow rain so the ground can soak up everything.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
That may all change today. Parts of southern Iowa may pick up 2-5 inches of rain. Or that is what WOWT out of omaha was showing. Hopefully it will be a nice slow rain so the ground can soak up everything.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I know posting the weather forecast is kind of boring...but the part of me that will always be a farmer...suffers a little each day right along with the the crops and food plots
crazy.gif

You would think with a 100% chance of rain we can't miss out...can we??
confused.gif

Tonight: Periods of rain and thunderstorms. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Low around 69. South wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.

Tuesday: Occasional rain and thunderstorms, mainly before 4pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. High near 82. South wind between 9 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

I just got back from shining for the last 2 hours and it was a continuous downpour the whole night, I bet we got a couple inches easily and it doesn't look like it is letting up either.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I just got back from shining for the last 2 hours and it was a continuous downpour the whole night, I bet we got a couple inches easily and it doesn't look like it is letting up either.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
We haven't recieved so much as a drop by 4:00 a.m., hopefully there is still some on the way...
confused.gif

It's been raining all morning here in Waterloo. My foodplots are around Delhi...hope they see a little of this too.

We didn't get a drop and as far as I can tell were not going to
crazy.gif

Some of my plots are going to be toast by the end of the week with mid 90's forecast and no foreseeable rain in the future forecast.
confused.gif

I got missed to Paul. It was raining at work down South and that was about the line.

I think there is a big unbrella over us this year!
frown.gif

We finally got rain last night. The rain guage read 1.8" this morning before work and it was still raining when I left. We really needed it like everyone else does. The crops were looking very poor.

I counted about 10 drops that hit me last night while cutting trees. My uncle dug some post holes about 3 ft deep and never hit any moisture! All the recent rain has missed us completely. I'm still waiting to seed around my pond. This has to give up one of these days.
frown.gif

It's storming like crazy tonight...just a few miles north of us...what else is new
smirk.gif

My wife tells me to quit being so grumpy and just get over it...so I guess it's on to "plan B" (aka fall food plots
smile.gif
)

Dbl.
Hope you get your rain.
I was beginning to worry myself. I just cut mine last week. Had some nice rain here. I will know more this weekend.

Risto

[ QUOTE ]
Dbl.
Hope you get your rain.
I was beginning to worry myself. I just cut mine last week. Had some nice rain here. I will know more this weekend.

Risto

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess 20% chance of rain is better then a 100% cause we finally got almost 2" last night!
The moisture along with this steamy weather should make everything grow like crazy!
waytogo.gif

I got close to an inch. With these hot temperatures on the way im glad that we got what we did, otherwise I would be getting nervous. Last thing I want is my corn to start to roll.

Glad you finally got some rain dbltree. I was watching the radar and it looked like you were right in the hot zone, but it had looked that way before and nothing had happened. We only got .6", but that is still pretty good considering that Channel 13 said no rain for the next 7 days at noon that day. I'm guessing the weather man doesnt get paid strictly on accuracy.
smirk.gif

I was glad for the .6", my new clover plot was starting to look a little puny and that rain might get me through this heat wave.

[ QUOTE ]
We only got .6", but that is still pretty good considering that Channel 13 said no rain for the next 7 days at noon that day. I'm guessing the weather man doesnt get paid strictly on accuracy.
smirk.gif

I was glad for the .6", my new clover plot was starting to look a little puny and that rain might get me through this heat wave.

[/ QUOTE ]

The soil moisture along with the high heat and humidity is making everything grow...for now. A week of near 100 degrees will take it's toll.

The downside of that storm is that many beautiful fields of corn were knocked flat by high winds
crazy.gif

My corn was pretty safe from that problem
smirk.gif

Top Bottom