Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dry?

Great conditions in eastern iowa, plenty of moisture still in ground and rain coming tonight.

Not bad in Cedar/Johnson Co's, but could use a rain.

Washed the car tonight, should get sum. ;):grin:

Story Co is all over the place this year.. flooding in may and June into a flash drought where the ground is solid. Had a big wind storm two nights ago. Should get some rain tonight. Crops aren't doing as good as they have in the past that's for sure. Will still have green beans and corn going to October. Summer food patterns should still be going though :)

Ive had only about 1/10th of an inch here in Muscatine since the beginning of July.. my yard is more brown now than it was all last year... everything just keeps barely missing me

Haven't had a rain in Cass county since the 23rd of June. Is EHD going to come back due to the drought? We were hit hard on a couple of our farms last year.

Very good here. Dry spell in Des moines where I was getting nervous but ok now, more rain coming. Spotty though- some areas better than others. Sure struggled with planting in wet conditions earlier and some cool weather, too much rain earlier BUT sure isn't a catastrophic year so far. Looking good.

Weather Service predicted 70 to 60% chances of widespread rain last night. Didn't happen. By looks of it, NE Iowa got the bulk again. My land in SE Iowa was fortunate last Sunday with 2 inches but since then little. Nw of DesMoines at Big Creek State Park an inch for July,,very dry there and Farmers say a lot more needed for good corn. Now looks like next chance may be next Friday. News still says 2/3s of state dry.

Freshly seeded turnips caught a beautiful rain last night which was sorely needed. Lawns are brown, but crops still look excellent other than being a week or two behind normal development. A couple of good August rains will really finish things off.

NWBuck

Can't report in Linn County since I ran over my rain gauge with the lawn mower a week ago, but over an inch for sure.

2 1/2" last weekend in central Decatur county. I put in brassicas yesterday afternoon and bottom was still tacky when i disced it. Received 1/2 " early this AM. It was very dry before that.

Travis, stop hogging it all. .9 last Sunday and .4 this am. Need allot more for sure.

We haven't gotten a measurable rainfall here in about 5 weeks. Keeps going to one side of me or another and skipping me - not looking good.

We haven't gotten a measurable rainfall here in about 5 weeks. Keeps going to one side of me or another and skipping me - not looking good.

Where are you? We haven't had any either since the end of June, seems to go a couple miles n or s

Where are you? We haven't had any either since the end of June, seems to go a couple miles n or s
I'm by Pella just north of Lake Red Rock - sometimes I wonder if we get a "lake effect" on our weather patterns - always seems different here that what places around us get.

Top Bottom