Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

DSD May have some Competition

I would love to shoot a white one like this........maybe a 20lb LP tank would work where I hunt:D

3501-white_hen_3.jpg

AZ put your name in for the draw:way:

Thanks for the info....but if I ever ditch my DSD's, guys on here taught me that real decoys are a joke, and all you need is kingsford charcoal bag.:thrwrck:

Yea, I wouldn't want to blow a deke up, DSD's are still the king.

Couldn't pop one of those with a knife, much less a piece of barb wire. They are definitely not a typical POS blow up decoy like the cherokee and some of the old ones. I would guess they would be just as durable as any other deke on the market. Like Liv said, I doubt they would deflate with a hole, I think you could cut the bottom half of them off and still just push them open like other collapsable dekes.

As far as having to blow them up, I can see this being a pain, so I had to try it out for myself. I was able to blow one up in 5 breaths, probably took me 15 seconds so I can't see it taking any longer than popping my other dekes out or trying to hand the damn head on my bobble head. I think even Thomas could run up a hill and blow them up in under 30 seconds (if he isn't passed out from the run:)

They are a bit heavier than other dekes, I think 3lbs. I personally will trade being able to role them up and stuff them in my badlands as opposed to carrying a bulky deke bag with full body decoy in it anyday, those things just aint ergonomic, especially when you are 5'8"

I was also impressed when the guy let me scratch the heck out of the display model. I couldn't get any of the paint to remove with my fingernails. I was actually suprised at this, I thought like most dekes that I woudl be able to scratch the paint of fairly easy.

Anyhow, there are some additional reviews on archery talk about cold weather use, etc.

Anyhow,

I completely agree. A guy could also epoxy a poked hole in them as well but I wonder how well the seams would hold up after a couple seasons of rolling and unrolling, especially on some of those cold spring mornings?

Last edited:
I think even Thomas could run up a hill and blow them up in under 30 seconds (if he isn't passed out from the run:)

hey, thanks!

Didn't think umpa loompas could write so good
:thrwrck:
:moon:
:drink2:
:grin:

I am definitely the number one fan of inflatables. I'd be able to tell you the longevity, flexibility, weight, and companionship of most of them on the market as I have used many different brands over the years with great results. I am not only extremely hard-on my blow ups but I can also tell you what shooting a wad into one will do to it, and what I use to plug holes. Lets just say AQUAseal can add years to any inflatable. The number one reason they are great is for concealability, no matter whether they are American or Japanese. I've yet to try this brand but I have a mail order in progress they look to be quite a bit thicker skinned then what I'm used to so I am absolutely jacked to try this one out on April 11th!

I am definitely the number one fan of inflatables. I'd be able to tell you the longevity, flexibility, weight, and companionship of most of them on the market as I have used many different brands over the years with great results. I am not only extremely hard-on my blow ups but I can also tell you what shooting a wad into one will do to it, and what I use to plug holes. Lets just say AQUAseal can add years to any inflatable. The number one reason they are great is for concealability, no matter whether they are American or Japanese. I've yet to try this brand but I have a mail order in progress they look to be quite a bit thicker skinned then what I'm used to so I am absolutely jacked to try this one out on April 11th!

You have been a bachelor for too long by the sounds of this post.:thrwrck:

I completely agree. A guy could also epoxy a poked hole in them as well but I wonder how well the seams would hold up after a couple seasons of rolling and unrolling, especially on some of those cold spring mornings?

A Mod to a hunting product? Just be happy with what the factory gives you:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWlLK

Are we still talking abput turkey decoys?

Top Bottom