Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

DSD transportation

SWIABOONER

PMA Member
I just picked up a couple DSD's today. You guys that use them do you always carry them in their individual sacks or just put them in a decoy bag with your other decoys. I know it says in the instructions to always use the bags but if they're durable enough to just toss in the decoy bag with my strutter I'll just do that.

I am wondering the same thing. I know I asked before and everyone said to use the bags but man I think the are too noisy. I put them in their bags, then in a big decoy bag and strapped it to my pack and with each step it was definitely noisy. It wouldn't be a big deal if I wasn't setting up close, but I like to get in close.

I am thinking about buying Black Pillow cases to put them in. Then I will throw those in my decoy bags.

I dont use the bags they come in. I just put all of them in a mesh decoy bag. When you buy a breeding pair the jake and submisive hen come in one bag. It must be ok for them to touch.

Liv,
The pillowcase idea sounds like a good one to me I think the wife actually has some old brown pillow cases lying around that I'm sure she won't miss ;)

That is the reasoning, don't know if it is a concern on the DSDs since I haven't used them yet. My HS ones I bought last year that I thought were pretty good got all scuffed up from them rubbing on each other. Primarily the head area.

So what the reasoning for separate bags.

Is it to keep the paint from wearing off?

I'm not sure if it will wear off but I'm not gonna risk it. I don't plan on buying anymore turkey dekes for a long time.

Last year I just used the bags they came with. Guess I didn't really notice anymore noise. I think pillow covers would work good too...

Man you guys have me all worried now......thanks alot:) I still dont understand if its a issue why does DSD sell the breeding pair and it only comes with one bag?

Im with you now I dont think I want to chance it.

I'll probably just use the bags they came with and put them in my decoy bag for carrying. It's not that big of a deal and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Problem solved!!!!!!! You carry one and have a tool carry the other one!! Everyone has a tool right!! :D Like I invite someone to hunt with me for fun!! :way::way:

I use the bags they came with, then place them all in a HUGE camo mesh waterfowl deke bag. These are expensive, and I want to take excellent care of them. I secure them to my Magnus Rack Attack chair with a cargo net. I just got the Strutter last night. Man is he a good looking deke. The tail and wing tip attachment system he designed, is well thought out. My DSD flock is now complete.

I use the bags they came with, then place them all in a HUGE camo mesh waterfowl deke bag. These are expensive, and I want to take excellent care of them. I secure them to my Magnus Rack Attack chair with a cargo net.
:way:

I think you guys are making entirely too big of deal out of the bag noise. I have hunted over these decoys since 2009 and have never had an issue with bag noise. Yes, it seems as though you are making a ton of noise taking them out of the bags and setting them up but truth be told you make more noise setting up your blind. Trust the Chicken on this one... :D

I gotta admit I've been laughing at those of you so concerned about the decoy in the bag noise. They're just turkeys and MOST mornings there's going to be some wind to cover your set up noise up. As Limb said, the blinds are loudest of all.

I'm more concerned with my footsteps in the leaves or dead knee high grass than anything.

One suggestion would be to take those new bags, turn them inside out, and wash them a few times with some old shoes thrown in to beat them up a bit. That should hopefully soften them up a little.

Top Bottom