Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dubuque Buck Pictures

Look a little closer and you'll notice that the mount is sitting on what must be a 1" round wooden fence post. Either that or this is one monster of a deer!!

In thinking about the angst involved in losing a big one...I will share something that I hope helps someone in the future.
I shot a 160-170 incher some 7 years ago. Similar story. One lung, probably dead, but just not quickly enough.
Searched for days on the ground. Finally did the one thing I could think of that would really make a difference.
I spent $55 on a "flying lesson."
Had the instructor fly me over the farm, got some great aerials, and was sure I had found the buck.
Unfortunately, it was just a calf carcass the farmer had chucked in the woods to decompose.
But I do maintain that if all else fails, it's a relatively cheap way to survey a tremendous amount of territory.

Just wondering what a "Salvage tag" is. Is that what dnr or police put on deer killed by a car or something like that?

From what I understand the deer did'nt and most likely would not have died from the archery hit. It was either killed first shotgun season or poached earlier. most likely it was shot and not recovered during the first gun season. The little I know about it makes me believe the land owner has as much or more right to it than anyone. Just that the DNR has made claim to to due to the wat it was removed from the woods, which gave them the "illegal method" the state needs to collect a rack. $ 10,000 racks sure cause alot of crap to fly.

wavey.gif

1. Mounted by Mike Theise(?spelling) from Dubuque Iowa

2. My cousin took the picture that is posted

3. the tag is the DNR tag they put on it when they took it.

hope this clears some things up
grin.gif
rockband.gif

Not to cause anymore touble for anyone but when my wife looked at this picture she had some questions so she took it to a computer friend of hers at work. Not that this is how it is but all they would say is that you can do alot with digital backgrounds, including putting heads of one thing on another. The mount looked a little "too clear" in that setting. Just for what it's worth.

Just heard from a guy I work with who lives in Eppworth (sp) that the guy has gone thru with all the court proceedings and now has legal ownership of the rack.... BUT the DNR put a stipulation that he may not profit from the selling of the antlers... not sure about articles and such tho... so we may not get to hear the full story on this buck...

Top Bottom