Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dwarf Chinkapin Oak Acorns from NE for sale (zone 5)

DCO Nebraska

We collected some DCO acorns on our property and in southeastern Nebraska within the last few days and would like to sell them again on this forum.

The attached pic was shot yesterday in southeastern NE. This shrub was absolutely loaded with clusters of 7 acorns. Unbelievable.

attachment.php

Same price as last year: 1/2 lb. (90-100 acorns) for $ 10.00 + $ 5.80 shipping (USPS priority mail, shipping time: 2-3 days)

Min. order is 1/2 lb.

Shipping days: Monday-Wednesday (starting Sept. 16, 2013 - acorns are kept in a professional cooler in the meantime)

If interested, please shoot us an email to [email protected]

(Please send an email and not a pm.)

Thank you.
Troy and Sabine

DCO acorns sold out for 2013

FYI, we sold out for this year.

We'd like to thank everyone for their interest and return patronage. It was a REAL pleasure doing business with YOU again this year.

We'll be back with more acorns in 2014, provided Mother Nature lets us.

Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!

Troy and Sabine

whats the difference in DCO acorns, I have more acorns then I know what to do with if anyone is interested i'll sell em to ya for half the price of that

whats the difference in DCO acorns, I have more acorns then I know what to do with if anyone is interested i'll sell em to ya for half the price of that

Do you have dwarf chinkapin acorns, or what type are you talking about?

Dwarf chinkapin (shrub oakd) and chinkapin acorns are the sweetest and most sought after acorns there are. Taste is along the lines of a raw peanut.

I bought 2 lbs I think. I had a little trouble last year on DCO storage VS other seeds so I am going to seed them now (nothing to do with who I purchased from, just compared to say a chestnut seed that stored well- DCO's were not as easy). Likely do rootmakers but it'll be 1st time trying those in fall setting.

I bought 2 lbs I think. I had a little trouble last year on DCO storage VS other seeds so I am going to seed them now (nothing to do with who I purchased from, just compared to say a chestnut seed that stored well- DCO's were not as easy). Likely do rootmakers but it'll be 1st time trying those in fall setting.

I had the same issue with DCOs. My Swamp Whites from the year before resulted in about 36 trees out of 80 acorns nursed in the refrigerator over the winter. The 200 DCO acorns that I nursed in the refrigerator resulted in 8 trees. Might have been me, but I cared for them the same.:confused: Oh well, I got what I needed on my 4.5 acres.:way:

When I worked for a forestry consultant we collected a lot of seeds and did a lot of direct seeding. We would always soak the acorns over night in water and then refridgerate them.

I had the same issue with DCOs. My Swamp Whites from the year before resulted in about 36 trees out of 80 acorns nursed in the refrigerator over the winter. The 200 DCO acorns that I nursed in the refrigerator resulted in 8 trees. Might have been me, but I cared for them the same.:confused: Oh well, I got what I needed on my 4.5 acres.:way:

Same for me last year on the DCO's

This year they are in my rootmakers outside right now with plenty of moisture. I had zero make it last year in the fridge while other types did fine. So, the DCO is a fussy rascal. Any solutions, let me know

Top Bottom