Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Early season hunting

Just wondering what way everyone who is hunting the first week of bow season is going to hunt. Or what method you have had the most success with during early season. Stand hunting or stalking.

If its warm, I found a nice watering hole to hunt by. Half of the pond is dried up, so deer have been walking through the damp ground. And there are hundreds of tracks crossing back and forth.
But if that fails, I found a nice bunch of white oak trees! And they're dropping acorns.
I still haven't found any rubs yet! I'm going scouting for the last time tomorrow. Hopefully I see some sign of bucks!
Good luck, and good hunting

BC- I'll be sitting in my stand, as usual. I'm too noisy when I stalk. I don't have the patience to walk slow and stay quiet. I walk to fast trying to see deer. At least fom my treestand I don't have a choice but to sit still.

Stalking has it's advantages because there is less deer movement in the early season, with fewer noisy leaves on the ground.

Treestands are nice too because you can sit a long time in the warm weather, although movement can be scarce sometimes.

Are you going to hunt on Tuesday? I'm going out in the morning before class, let me know if you want to go.

Top Bottom