Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

early season rattling

C

crossbow

Two years ago I rattled two small eight-pointers in at 5:30 in the afternoon, in the last week of september. My son shot one of them. Last Sunday my son shot a eight-pointer that green scored a gross of 149 and netted147 1/8. The buck was with four others and were sparring all the way to the hayfield. We were not rattling, we knew where they were headed.
smile.gif

Wow, nice buck for your son!

Send a pic, we are launching a
new.gif
photo gallery and would love to see him in there.

Thanks in advance!

Last year on opening day here in Missouri (Oct 1st) I rattled very ligthly. As soon as I put the horns down I heard some deer running and thought I had spooked them but to my surprise two bucks came running in. A small 6 and a medium size 8pt. They walked around my stand for about 15 minutes before leaving. I did some more rattling on other days following, still early season, and had several bucks come to check it out. I think you have to rattle lightly early in the year , but it will work.

on monday i had two little buck ( fork and spike) under my stand and they started to bonk heads. i wouldn't call it sparing like in the pre-rut but just sorta playing. but the interesting thing is that another buck 8 pointer came waltsing up to see what was up. which got me thinking about early nonagressing antler rattling. anybody tried this or thought about this and had luck?

Top Bottom