Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Earwig Attack

Liv4Rut

Anybody else have a million of these things running around? This is the first year I have ever seen them. They are driving me nuts, for every 100 I kill 200 more appear. I am about ready to sit out on the deck with the blowgun and a 40 and start practice my shooting. Just wondering if I am not the only one..............:thrwrck::D

I have seen them before but this year i have been seeing a ton of them. I work on air conditioners and its getting pretty rare to not see them when i open up the electrical compartment. They are supposedly pretty harmless. But they can screw up a contactor in an a/c unit. Not sure why they are becoming so abundant.

Earwigs are very abundent this year. I have had probably 50 customers come into to work in the last month asking what they are and how to get rid of them. I was told by an entomologist that it has been an ideal year for earwigs. Has to do due with high temps and a lot of moisture.

I have not seen any of them here in SW Iowa????? :)

3831d1182441122-earwigs-earwig.jpg

I don't think i've noticed any earwigs, but, I have millipedes by the tens of thousands at my house and a lot of them are getting into my garage and inside. In the mornings they are all over the side of the house. I've sprayed them many times and it kills the ones I spray, but, nothing is keeping them away.

They are everywhere over here, too! My wife especially loves the ones she finds in the house. :D

-Longspurs-

I have them all over as well! From what I have found out about them, they are awful for about 3 weeks and reproduce faster than you can imagine. Now come 4th of July or so, you will notice them pretty much disappearing and should be gone for the rest of the year.

How do you get rid of these damn things? I have them everywhere at my place.

You can do some spraying for them but they reproduce to fast for it to really help. LIke I said in the post before, come 4th of July, they will start to disappear!

I was going to post this very same question. They started in our mailbox and then we started seeing them around the house. We camped at Backbone State Park this week and I have never seen anything like it. There were hundreds of these things everywhere. When we went to take down the tent they had taken refuge in the sleeves that the poles go through. My kids had a ball with a fly swatter as I tapped the tent and they would fall out. When we got home we had to unpack everything in the driveway and shake it out before entering the house.

I had only seen them a few times before this year but this year is unbelievable. :confused:

I have been a licensed applicator and owned my own Pest Control business for 26 years. I didn't start seeing these earwigs appear until approx 3-4 years ago, with the last 2 years epidemic crops of them. They have sure kept me busy with new business this late spring early summer. I like them.:D:way:

How do you get rid of these damn things? I have them everywhere at my place.
Shameless plug. D and D Pest Control Serving Central IA for 26 years 515-230-9026 $90 plus tax for a complete inside and outside residence service. Odorless, labeled safe for pets, day care, food handling, and no need to leave the home during my service.:D

I had the same problem this year. But now I see very few if any around my house. I use to work for a pest control company and had sprayed for these in the past. It's a lot cheaper to spray for them by doing it yourself rather than pay someone. All you need is a product called Talstar and a hand sprayer. Just spray the outside of your home and about 3' out on the ground. And you can also spray the the inside around the base boards. The product is awesome and is safe around children and pets. It just needs to be applied once a month during the summer. You can buy enough to do 2-3 years worth of treatments compared to paying someone to come out one time to do it for you. If you have any questions feel free to send me a pm.

Top Bottom