Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Easton AXIS arrow?

F

firedog

Thinking about using the new AXIS arrow by Easton this fall. Anyone use these yet and if you like them or not? I like the idea of heavier and also having hidden inserts.

FireDog,
I have some for sale in the classified section... I really like them. I had to crank my bow down because the ones I purchased were slightly under spined. But over all I think they are a great arrow and will be in my quiver tipped with the new G5 tekan this fall. A drop away rest is a good idea for these if not a necessity because of the smaller diameter. Let me know if you need a dozen 400's...
grin.gif

Firedog, I am also using the new Easton Axis shafts... So far so good. I was very impressed with my first dozen, so I decided to make up another batch. I think easton's concept behind the internal parts is really pretty cool...with the inserts placed about 1/2" inside the shaft, you've got the support of the shaft behind your broadhead, making it much stronger than with your more common inserts where you have a weaker pivot point with it being outside the shaft. And with it being smaller diameter, it will travel faster than an arrow with the exact same weight with a larger diameter because it has less surface area to pick up drag... all of this simply means that your going to get better penetration than your 'middle of the road' carbon shafts without having to sacrifice a tremendous amount of speed. I would highly recommend them to anyone interested in them.

Top Bottom