Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Eggs Already?

Ogz

Life Member
I know that this is hard to believe, but I SWEAR I found an abandoned nest two weeks ago! I know that there is no way that the eggs could have survived the winter, so that means that they had to be new. They had been broken open, probably by predators, and all that was left was the shells. Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera with me at the time, and couldn't make it back to the car and back to the site before dark. Anyone else have similar experiences? Seemed pretty odd to me, but I know what I saw.

Ogz,
Where the hell have you been. I responded to you message on the members forum about a month ago, haven't heard from ya. Oh well we are going to have to get together and exchange war stories some time. I was all pumped to go shed hunting and no response... ;0)>. Glad to hear from ya.

Go Early, Stay Late... Limb Chicken

Linb Chicken,
where's your website? I went into your profile and it not there.Are you working on it?

Hey Ogz, I could wait and tell you this at work tomorrow but I'll forget. Now that you mentioned it I remembered seeing a nest with broken eggs in it this weekend while scouting, to me it looked like the shells somehow made it through the winter without getting crushed by snow or ice, they were pretty dirt covered. However as one member here so eloquently put it "turkeys have the brains the size of peas" and you just never know!

16point,
That is a question I am asked quite often... ;0)>

Youngbuck,
Had some weird things happen as far as some of my pictures showing up where they shouldn't so I took the link down. But I have included it at the bottom of the page if you would like to have a look at it.

Go Early, Stay Late... Limb Chicken

LimbChicken.com

My son pulled a dove nest out of the gutter and it already had eggs. This was at least ten days ago. Good for one bird good for another, but it seems pretty extreme.

ironwood

[This message has been edited by ironwood (edited 04-03-2002).]

Top Bottom