Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

"El - Diablo"

THA4

A Few Steps Ahead Of You
as difficult as this this, i must make a confession that those who know me will find borderline shocking. I spent the day at Double A Archery with Andy, and all i can say is ......WOW

uhhh, ahhmmmm.
i might have shot my next bow!

again, those who know me, know im a hard sell and completely believe in and stand behind my equipment. and those opinions are not based on names or what is popular. it is what i like based on what i have shot. i was and still am very devoted to my Mathews LX, however i did shoot a bow that could make me just as happy, if not more so.

Here is what....
I shot the PSE Diablo NP with the Idle Cam system (very similar to any single cam style bow), @ 60 lbs.

here is why i liked about it.
at first glance, i like the fact that it is simple, not may moving parts, nothing "Future-istic" looking, no unrecogonizable parts. Some like that, some don't. but i like simplicity.

it has an 8 3/8" Brace height (which i especially like)
axle to axle 32 1/8", (i prefer a touch longer, but i was fine with that and have no complaints)

it was fast, with full length heavy arrows, 250 fps...(i'm not a speed guy so i won't sacrifice sound for speed, but Andy said getting 275+ after the right arrows have been matched to the bow is easy)

it was whisper quiet! no complaints.

it is as quiet as any bow i have shot, hoyt, mathews, bow tech, jennings, bear, etc!!

my only negative thought, which is minor, the bow does have a very slight jump forward once the arrow is released. once completely set up, i feel that would diminish with the right weighted stabalizer and accessories. so that is a "fixable issue"

i shot the X-Force and the Mossy Oak, and honestly didn't care for those bows. but like i said, i wont sacrifice sound for speed, and that is only me and my opinion.

but the biggest point i want to make here is simple. PSE has been notorious for making crap, and i feel that was accurate in the past. but now, they have upped their game and produced a quality bow that can compare and compete with any bow on the market. they have a broad line of options to fit the desires of even the pickiest of archers.

If money weren't an issue, id have walked out with the Diablo today.

i make only this suggestion. go see Andy @ Double A, shoot one and see for yourself, dont take my word for it.
grin.gif
grin.gif

and I thought this was going to be some sort of follow-up story on how you got to the bottom of a bottle of Jack and started licking.....well nevermind, you all have seen Thomas' famous pics.
grin.gif
blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]
i was and still am very devoted to my Mathews LX

[/ QUOTE ]

that comment, right there, blew any credibility you may have had, right out the window. after that, all i heard, was blah, blah, blah.........i don't know my head from a whole in the ground, blah, blah, blah.

sorry thomas
grin.gif

I am happy to say that I had a great time, as always, with Jeremy and Thomas. I would also like to say that I really appreciate the honesty from Thomas and the nice review.. For any of you who know him, that was really, REALLY tough to do!! PSE has come a long ways, with a lot of different bows, and I think people will see a difference in the type of PSE's around. If you don't want to take mine, or Thomas's word for it, feel free to shoot as many of the line as you can, I think it will change your opinion. PSE is no longer a box bow!

Now on to the part I figure I will some day regret!! My wife happened to have a camera there as Thomas nocked his second arrow! I think the look on his face should explain how the first shot felt!!

7974Picture-174-med.jpg

Shortly there after he realized the bow was so quiet, so shock free, so smooth and so easy to shoot, that he could even shoot it while taking a nap!!! Now that is quality!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

7974Picture-175-med.jpg

It is nice to have a favorite brand, but it never hurts to test the water! Everybody has a something different that makes them happy!! For some people it may be martin or mathews, but for two guys who were at the shop this weekend, it is PSE and PAPA Johns.. Gotta love the Garlic!!!

Thomas, Notice how I didn't mention anything about the shooting competition!
threaddevil.gif
threaddevil.gif
WHOOPS!!!!
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
And here I thought this was going to be a quote from Ricky Bobby.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be!! I think Thomas may have said "Thank you Baby Jesus for creating the Diablo!"

Or maybe I was quoting it when we discussed the results of the shooting contest.. Something along the lines of "If you ain't first......"
wink.gif

They are made by the same company.. The grip on the Illusion is a lot different, but there are some similarities! The Diablo has a much larger Brace height! And is less expensive! Both nice bows!

[ QUOTE ]
I am happy to say that I had a great time, as always, with Jeremy and Thomas. I would also like to say that I really appreciate the honesty from Thomas and the nice review.. For any of you who know him, that was really, REALLY tough to do!! PSE has come a long ways, with a lot of different bows, and I think people will see a difference in the type of PSE's around. If you don't want to take mine, or Thomas's word for it, feel free to shoot as many of the line as you can, I think it will change your opinion. PSE is no longer a box bow!

Now on to the part I figure I will some day regret!! My wife happened to have a camera there as Thomas nocked his second arrow! I think the look on his face should explain how the first shot felt!!

7974Picture-174-med.jpg

Shortly there after he realized the bow was so quiet, so shock free, so smooth and so easy to shoot, that he could even shoot it while taking a nap!!! Now that is quality!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

7974Picture-175-med.jpg

It is nice to have a favorite brand, but it never hurts to test the water! Everybody has a something different that makes them happy!! For some people it may be martin or mathews, but for two guys who were at the shop this weekend, it is PSE and PAPA Johns.. Gotta love the Garlic!!!

Thomas, Notice how I didn't mention anything about the shooting competition!
threaddevil.gif
threaddevil.gif
WHOOPS!!!!
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

is it just me, Andy, or does your wifes camera add about a 100 pounds....

does that shirt make me look fat??

evil.gif

Top Bottom