Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Electric ATV Spreader Suggestions

Central Iowa

Life Member
I'm in the market for a good electric ATV spreader that will handle broadcasing small seeds with excellent control and heavy enough for granule fertilizer. I like the idea of an electric spreader not banging around when acessing remote plots and switch control of the motor for control in tight quarters and irregular shaped plots. Any suggestions?

I've had good luck with my Bumper Buddy spreader, Cabelas has them. I have spread oats, rye, pelletized lime, fertilizer, etc with it but I have not tried small seeds like clover. I just use a hand spreader for those. I have used pull behinds and the atv mounted spreaders are easier to use for the reasons you mentioned, but generally wont hold as much material (weight) at one time as a pull behind.
I mounted mine to the front rack so I could see where the material was going.

One thing I learnt the hard way was not to use them to spread salt. The saltwater went down into the motor and trashed it out. Damn the bad luck!

I bought a Herd sure feed broadcaster from a four wheel shop a couple of years ago and really like it. Its all metal and has a good vibrating agitater to keep seed from plugging it up. Most of the plastic ones I had in the past just had a hole and constantly jammed with any kind of weight in them. It also has a good seed gate for uniform distribution, although the directions for use arent too good.

I just got my Moultrie Food Plot Spreader form Bass Pro Shops. It's the best price I could find "$99.00" plus $12 S&H. I borrowed one from a friend a couple years ago and I really liked it so I bought my own. They say you can spread fertilizer and most types of seed with it.

Top Bottom