Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Elite Archery

Steve-O

World Member
I got to shoot a Elite E-500 this weekend at Scheels and was not impressed at all. Everytime I drew the think back a different noise came out of it. Anyone heard anything about the situation between them and bowtech?

Im with lxshooter, i havent heard anything but good about them and Ive shot the energy and the e500 and was impressed, smooth, dead in your hand and very fast

I just read a review of an Elite bow in the latest issue of either Outdoor Life or Field & Stream. Sorry, I don't have it in front of me but I think I recall them praising the speed but they did have some knocks against it which I think were noise and hand shock. I'll have to look at the article again tonight, in the mean time maybe somebody else with the magazine will post their comments on it.

Something does not smell right with that situation
confused.gif
..... last time I checked Scheels was a dealer for Bowtech. Being a dealer for Elite archery seems odd....

Bowtech 'won' the suit... there was no monetary damages awarded to Bowtech, but the circuit judge on the case ruled that Elite must stop production of their current lineup by Aug. 31st. The ruling stated something of the sorts that Elite had to stop producing bows that resemble Bowtech.... behind the scenes most people feel that it was a HUGE win for Elite. It will not be hard to modify their look as well as cut a few extra slots, etc. out of the 'Binary Cam'.

I think Elite is here to stay... and with the use of Barnsdale laminated limbs, winners choice strings, and the Binary Cam they will be a bow company that the big companies will have to contend with soon..... I think they will be producing some of the best if not the best bow in the industry shortly. They appear to not be skimping at all on quality components... what you got your hands on is confusing to me, but EVERYONE that I have talked with has been impressed.... smooth, extremely fast, and forgiving.

Actually, the ruling to stop production was the preliminary ruling. There could still be damages to be paid by Elite. Until the actual judgement is made I wouldn't speculate whether or not they are here to stay.

On Scheels caring Elite, it is up to the manager what line of bows they will carry, so some stores carry nothing but bowtech, and some elite and mathews and hoyt. I heard about the barnsdale limb setup and was told that it is a different (cheaper limb) then what is made for the competition bows. This is coming from a very respectible Bowtech dealer though.

elite is going to ave to be around for a few years before i would put any stock into anything they say or sell.

how in the world can they say, that a ruling AGAINST them, basically shutting off manufacturing bows currently on the market, can be a positive thing?

[ QUOTE ]
elite is going to ave to be around for a few years before i would put any stock into anything they say or sell.

how in the world can they say, that a ruling AGAINST them, basically shutting off manufacturing bows currently on the market, can be a positive thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee there is the pot calling the kettle black. Hmmmm didn't Bowtech lose a court ruling to PSE. Hmmmmm I think so. Bowtech is upset because their main design engineer up and left with HIS ideas and made a new bow company. The only reason that Bowtech is winning the ruling is because the design was for the bowtech corp. Wait until this is over with and watch the Elite sells skyrocket.
smirk.gif

Same thing I was wondering. If you look at the new Elites they look exactly like a bowtech. So did HE or was it SHE take their own ideas, anybody can take a design and modify it!

Looked at the review again, it's in the new Outdoor Life. They rated the Elite 4th of 18 bows the top 2 being the Switchback then the Trykon. Curiously the BowTech was 5th.

The BowTech and the Elite were the top two bows for speed both within 1.5 FPS and the factor that seemed to hurt the overall score of both was noise.

The only negative comments they came up with for the Elite though was the weight (which doesn't make much sense since it was close in weight to the Switchback and lighter than the Trykon. Maybe they should have said they didn't like the balance.)they also didn't like the camo color.

Take their test for what it's worth but they seem to feel it's a pretty good bow overall.

R.B. Boy to answer your question... Bowtech has built a reputation as producing a very fast, smooth shooting bow.... their recent model Tribute is one of the smoothest and fastest bows on the market.... their head man (Kevin Strother) left bowtech and formed a new company with the former covergirl of Martin archery... she is listed as the CEO and founder of Elite archery (for obvious reasons).. I am sure Kevin is just an employee
grin.gif
..... they are also married.... Kevin has quite a reputation of design & engineer for equipment.... his presence at Elite archery has enabled them to get all the attention.... I don't claim to know everything about the situation, but I did A LOT of research on the situation before I bought my new Matthews this spring.... was planning on buying the Tribute, but with all the turmoil going on this spring and with the issues surrounding the bowtech limb problems, I decided to go with the Matthews.

Top Bottom