Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Elk Hunt Success

legbone

Got back today from Colorado elk hunt. Harvested my 1st bull opening morning. 5x5 gave me a 50 yd broadside. Double lung pass thru. Went 60 yds & crashed. My buddy got his 5x5 ten minutes later on a 17 yd shot. Lots of action for our group all day Saturday and most of Sunday. Awesome hunt!!
280MVC-006S-med.JPG

You have me itching now, one more week then I am off to Colorado for an elk hunt, I am just the videographer but it will still be pretty wild. Where in Colorado did you guys go?

Congrats on the harvest, I have to miss this year because I bought a house. But damn I sure do miss it already. That sound of a bugling bull just gets the blood flowing.

Awesome job!!!I leave for Co. Sun AM. Was there any bugling? Two years ago we went 2 for 4 but I wasn't one of the lucky 2.

We hunted east of Steamboat Springs on public grounds. About 20 hunters in the area from Iowa, Georgia, Ill, and us Iowans. They've had more moisture this year and locals told us the elk would be all over the mountain since plenty of vegetation was up high. It's also been cooler than normal this late summer and the rut was already started, although we only heard the one bull bugling in the 3 days we hunted. The 3 other Iowa guys in our camp had shots at cows but passed waiting for a bull opportunity. We all saw numerous bulls. I'm already planning next years' hunt!!

I was hunting with my dad in the Flat tops area. Hunting was pretty tough and I was 2 for 3 on bulls in my previous trips. Ended up coming home without an elk but I nailed a nice 5X4 mulie on the 1st of Sept. It is always a great experience out there whether you kill or not. I consider the hunt a success just being able to travel and hunt with my dad every fall. Time spent with family and friends is my "trophy", the animal is icing on the cake. Everyone needs to "head west" at least once. Do-it-yourself hunts are a blast and well within reach of the average joes wallet. Sorry to ramble. Good huntin'.

Just got back from CO. Two bulls in two days it was unbelievable. We also hunted in the Flattops area up in sweetwater creek. Saw 47 bulls in 2 days and had non stop bugling the whole time. One will make book the other is just shy. It is hard just being the videographer for these things but what an unbelievable trip. Can't wait for next year...

Congratulations,sounds like ya' both had great hunts.

I keep saying "one of these years"... I think I just need to shut up and do it.
smile.gif

Top Bottom