Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Elk Hunt

legbone

Got back tonight from a short elk hunting trip to Colorado. I had 31 different elk within reasonable range on opening day. Only one legal bull but at 50 yds and moving. Had a spike broadside at 38 yds. Did not try to stick a cow the first day. Had 5 elk somewhat close on Sunday - again I had a spike at 25 yds - no shots at standing cows Sunday. No elk sightings on Monday. Great short trip, DIY on public grounds. Including tag & gas I spent about $900. This is the 6th year in this area. I was fortunate to harvest a 5x5 the second year. Although we didn't score this year, our group of 4-6 hunters averages about 1 elk per year. If you haven't tried it, DO IT! You'll get hooked.

Sounds like you had plenty of action! The scenery alone is worth the trip! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sounds like you had a great trip. Way to go! Wish you could have put some meat in the freezer but the hunt is the important part, the kill is just icing on the cake.

Top Bottom