Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Elk Hunting

BowHunt'nFool

I know this is a whitetail conference but I know some of you guys go out west elk hunting. I just got drawn for a Wyoming bow hunt in zone 38. I was wondering if any of you could give me some pointers as to how I should go about finding some elk, and the best time to go in September. I have heard that the rut starts in mid Sept. so I leaning toward that. There will be 4 of us but we hope to atleast get 1 elk. We are getting maps of the area and we are going to do our homework,we dont want to mess up this once in a lifetime hunt. Maybe some one knows something about zone 38 that could help us out. It is in north Wyoming next to the border of Montana. Thanks for your help ahead of time. BowHunt'nFool

[This message has been edited by BowHunt'nFool (edited 02-28-2002).]

How much was the damage for the tag? Are you forced to use an outfitter? What part of the state is your zone located?

One of my goals is to go after Elk. Okay, so it's more of a "must kill elk" than a goal!

Congrads on the tag. I've been applying for WY elk archery untit 38 for 4 years without luck. Make sure to commit to a full 2 weeks and you will have a very good chance there. Post a thread on the Bowsite WY forum and you should get good advice.

Congrats on the 38 tag. I've hunted across the road from 38 several times but it wasn't as good as 38 is supposed to be.

I drew my first choice Wyoming elk tag for the first time since becoming a nonresident some 12 or 13 years ago. I'll be in the moutains come this September. Best get the whitetail stands hung early...

I am planning a pronghorn hunt and found a lot of good info on MonsterMuleys.com. You may want to look there. They have forums that you can use to ask questions of a lot of guys that go out there regularly. Good luck!

Top Bottom