Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

EMERGENCY-Dont want to lose a bet.

gundog870

Premium Platinum Member
I need to know in the next 20 minutes. If you buy two archery tags can you use them for all 4 seasons. In other words can you shoot two birds in one season.

Re: EMERGENCY

Can some one explain this???

This is directly for the DNR regs!!

How Many Turkey Licenses May I Have?
A resident hunter may obtain a maximum of
two spring turkey hunting licenses: Two combination
gun/bow licenses, or two archery-only licenses, or one
combination gun/bow license and one archery-only
license. One of these licenses may be a Landowner-
Tenant License, if the hunter is eligible.
If two licenses are obtained, at least one must be
for Season 4. If no licenses are obtained in Seasons
1, 2 or 3, the hunter may purchase two [2] licenses for
Season 4.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gundog870</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The two tags in my pocket say valid from april 14-may 18.....
</div></div>

If that is what they say, that is when they are good. I heard that directly from a DNR employee. He said if it printed June 2 - July 4, you'd have your own little private season. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> How Many Turkey Licenses May I Have?
A resident hunter may obtain a maximum of
two spring turkey hunting licenses: Two combination
gun/bow licenses, or two archery-only licenses, or one
combination gun/bow license and one archery-only
license. One of these licenses may be a Landowner-
Tenant License, if the hunter is eligible.
If two licenses are obtained, at least one must be
for Season 4. If no licenses are obtained in Seasons
1, 2 or 3, the hunter may purchase two [2] licenses for
Season 4. </div></div>

The key here is that this part: One of these licenses may be a Landowner-Tenant License, if the hunter is eligible.If two licenses are obtained, at least one must be for Season 4.

Only pertains to this previous part: or one combination gun/bow license and one archery-only license.

i am fairly certian with two bow tags you can kill both in the same day.

i think that was a new rule last year......

im pretty sure, but ill double check!

BOTTA BOOOM!! Cant decide if ill swim through my money that I won or just burn it and laugh.

CONFIRMED

you can kill both bow birds the same day
and
if you have 2 4th season gun tags you can kill two birds with one shot when they line their melons up!

whack em and stack em!!

i have my connections.....
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Trust me.....

I was just curious so if I run into any problems I can say well Thomas said...........

I hope they did change it but I was also under the impression you could only shoot 1 a day with a bow. I would like somebody to post the regulation stating this change.

Pat, I'm pretty sure it has been "one per day per tag" in other words, if you have two bow tags or two fourth season gun tags you can double up.

You can buy 2 archery only tags and hunt all 4 seasons. You can kill both birds on the same day. The rule was changed last year.

You can also as of last year buy a gun/bow and a archery tag as long as the gun/bow is during 4th season.

That would explain it. I didn't even go out last year. Purchased the tags and never went, kids and work. Looking forward to it this year. Thanks for the info.

Can you shoot them out of a boat? May have to hunt from a boat this year if it doesn't stop raining. No I'm not seriously looking for an answer for the boat question......

Top Bottom