Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Enclosed Blinds

Rutty

Hey guys,

I am looking for some Enclosed Ground Blinds for Late season Gun hunting. I cannot justify spending $1,500 or more on a ground blind. I hunt a lot of different farms so wanting some affordable blinds I can spread out over a few farms. Do any of you guys have any recommendations for an affordable blind? Have any of you guys tried any of the hard sided Menards blinds? They seem reasonably priced. Thanks

There were quite a few companies at the ATA show coming out with some new soft sided blinds for a relatively reasonable price. Most looked to have easy set up and light wt. I've hunted out of the redneck bale blinds and they work great for both deer and turkey.

I have one of the Mavericks from Menards. Gets you out of the wind and better than sitting in the open when below zero, but not a favorite compared to many we have built ourselves of wood and made/purchased windows and/or the more expensive brands(redneck,etc). Plastic is noisy, moisture condensates late season with heat, included windows are so thin(about like the plastic on top of a carry out container from an Applebees) and not very airtight which is one of the big advantages of a blind in my opinion. I would build my own to save $$$ if able and have time or save up the coins and look at a better quality option. If you are hunting ground that you don't own or cant leave a permanent blind maybe a hub style blind or hay bale would be best option as Hawk32 suggested above.

Build at least one on a trailer or better yet a gravity wagon. You will not regret it.

The flexibility a blind on wheels provides is worth its weight in gold. I shot ALL three of my bucks this year out of blinds that I had moved (on wheels).

And I shot the 4th out of his blind as well...as Rob said the mobility is second to none!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Build at least one on a trailer or better yet a gravity wagon. You will not regret it.

The flexibility a blind on wheels provides is worth its weight in gold. I shot ALL three of my bucks this year out of blinds that I had moved (on wheels).

FWIW, with this mobility in mind...I recently bought a trailer for just such a purpose. I will need to get a blind built on it between now and the fall, but that shouldn't be a problem. I came across it on an online auction of a farm near Tiffin, IA, and among other treasures...I scored with a big, beefy trailer that will need new deck boards on it, but I was able to get it for either $40 or $45...so close to FREE! :)

The soft sided gillie rednecks are nice,all the redneck stuff is cheaper on the redneck site.I bought a couple blind chairs and man they are so much nicer than the little fold up stools.I too found a 8ftx7ft hay trailer.I put new decking and I had to give 200.00 for it but he had just put new implement tires on it

Top Bottom