Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

End of my 03 bow season

K

klg53

Well, I filled the tag today. Shot a doe at about 1:00, now I can't believe I did it with all the bucks I have been seeing lately. She just gave me a perfect shot opportunity and I haven't been getting the big bucks close enough. Now i have to wait until muzzleloader season to find a big buck.
157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif
But I'll be kicking myself til then. Should've got an antlerless tag.

nothing to be sad about putting a tag on a doe. they can be just as tough to get as a big buck sometimes. you may just be happy you did that come this february and you're eating venison when if you held onto your tag you may not have anything. you can't eat the horns remember!! congrats on what sounds to be a quick ethical harvest.
waytogo.gif

I was tempted myself last weekend. I ended up getting sick this weekend. Doesn't it figure that that couldn't happen during the week, or at least not during the rut. I will probably be lucky to get a shot at a doe this season. Sorry to hear you're dissapointed though, just try to think of the juicy steaks you'll be enjoying. Those big bucks are chewy as hell any way. Good luck with the muzzleloader.

thanks for the words of wisdom guys, I'm not real unhappy about tagging a doe, more just that I can't hunt deer for a while. It was a quick kill muddy, I hit a little higher than i wanted to when she ducked, but still got both lungs and I watched her drop after 40 yards. I'll just have to keep busy chasing the roosters and coyotes for the next few weeks.

Top Bottom