Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Euro Done

NWBuck

PMA Member
I recently finished a euro of my son's first archery buck. First one I've ever attempted to do, and thought it turned out pretty sweet. The only thing that really surprised me was how long it took to get a good, clean skull in the boiling process. He picked out a camo arrowhead plaque, which I thought was a great choice.

Field photo harvest pic.

Finished euro hanging in his room. Kind of a walk down memory lane in this pic, as on the left is his first deer pic (man he looks little in that picture :D ) and behind that are tail feathers from his first turkey and pheasant. Anyway, thanks for looking...

NWBuck

Did you make the plaque also?

Ha, I wish :D No, we found a bunch of different plaque options with a simple online search. This one you can flip the pedestal 180 degrees and sit it on a table instead of hanging on a wall if you want to.

NWBuck

PM me a link to the plaque? I really like that one.

Looks nice. DIY Euro's are harder than they seem. Mine too me awhile as well to get it clean and degreased.

I have done about 30-40 euros a year for the last 6 years after beginning with my own before. I have found many ways that make it easier and faster. Just out of curiousity how did you get the skull clean? I might be able to make it easier on ya for future mounts. Looks good!

I have done about 30-40 euros a year for the last 6 years after beginning with my own before. I have found many ways that make it easier and faster. Just out of curiousity how did you get the skull clean? I might be able to make it easier on ya for future mounts. Looks good!

Boil, chip away chunks, repeat. Near the end I used small tools to make sure I scoured all of the nooks and crannies. I tried to keep the boiling temp at more of a simmer for fear of damaging the skull, so it took a little longer. As I said before, I did not add any sort of cleaning agent to the boil, and I'm sure that would speed the process up a bit.

NWBuck

Top Bottom