Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ever feel like you're on autopilot?

kelcher

I shot this one Saturday afternoon after passing on him twice over the past couple of weeks. I don't know what happened. I heard a crack, looked over and saw a rack, stood up and let the arrow fly. I didn't even take the time to see how big he was. I am pretty disappointed, he would've been a nice one in another year or two.
2932004_Bow_Deer_2_Small_-med.jpg

Congratulations on your harvest.

I don’t understand why you are disappointed. He is a very nice buck. Be thankful that you harvested one.

Smile; think about all of the bow hunters who will be for whatever reason unsuccessful this year. Enjoy your buck!
waytogo.gif

The day I harvest any animal in any season and say I'm disappointed is the day I should sell my equipment and stop hunting.
I helped a guy extract a beautiful 14 pointer from the timber this weekend and all he could do was complain about how he thought the rack was wider when he shot.
I told him not to be an ass. You should follow suit.

the important thing, is you put some meat on the table. every buck will be biger next year...be happy you got a nice one

There's a lot of us that wish we had your "problem".

You harvested a nice deer man....Booner?....No, but nice. You spent time in a tree, placed a good shot and have meat in the freezer. That's f@#&in awesome! Count your blessings.
30570-chair.gif

I wasn't trying to piss anyone off. He is a nice buck, but I have shot a couple this size already so I am a little dissapointed that I ended my season early instead of sticking around to see if anything bigger walked by. I think I've heard more than a few of you say that they only get bigger of you let them grow up. As for being an ass bukket, my friends can get away with calling me that, but anyone else can just kiss mine.

calm down guys, a misunderstanding on an internet forum is not worth getting all worked up about. kelcher, that's a great buck for anyone, but i can understand where you're coming from. i can also see everyoen elses points. let it go guys.

I felt the same way over the weekend and had passed on a number of bucks before shooting the one that I did. I had passed on him earlier in the morning.

Like most others have said, there's meat in the freezer and there's always going to be bigger and better. Congrats!

Kelcher, I know exactly what you're talking about. I passed a couple of deer this past Saturday that would rival the one you shot. It's not that I wouldn't be happy with either deer. It's just that it's awful early yet and I'd like to keep hunting. Here in Kansas you only get one go around a year with a buck tag and I've had many a happy seasons without harvesting a buck and letting them walk. That's the only way you shoot really big deer. That all said, congrats on a good hunt a solid shot, you'll have all kinds of confidence next year.

Top Bottom