Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Everyone Read

Five years ago I fell and broke my femur...I had a safety harnes on but I had to un hook it to climb down...I sliped and my right foot got hung up on the way down...It was in the morning and My cell phone was in the truck...So i crwald about 200 yards to the road and waited for someone to drive by, and it didnt take long...I got lucky in alot of ways that day, but I walk with a limp every day as a reminder...I also had a map of the place I was hunting and a ariel photos of my stands...It doesnt matter how safe you are you can still have a accident...What I do now is have a strap and hook in every treestand thats a hang on stand...I hook my self up befor geting in and un-hook it after i get out of the stand...It doesnt mean i still cant slip climbing up or down...Every year now someone will say to me Do you use a harness now...That herts way more because thay just dont know the tru story i had a harness on and still fell...My advice is make shur someone knows where your at that day, and someone has seen your stand locations first hand...make a map, and dont leve your cell phone in the truck...it doesnt matter how safe you are bad things cand still happen, have a plan installed if it does...

Iam a lurker by the way...I look at the site every day, but I choose not to chime in...I just enjoy everyones storys and qustions...

Amen to that. I'm very sorry about your friend. I have two friends who both DO NOT wear harnesses that I'm after all the time to start wearing them. I think I have one convinced, the other I'm not so sure. I fell 25 feet on November 11, 2000, and fractured a vertebrae ... I was extremely lucky. There isn't a time I'm in a tree nowadays that I don't think about it ... let alone every single day of my life since then.

It's truly not a matter of if you'll fall, but a matter of when.

-Longspurs-

Safety harness's dont fit big guys very well anyone know of big guy safety harness's that are somewhat comfy???

HSS has them up to 4-5X I believe. You just have to order them from their website, they are not available in stores.

Top Bottom