Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Exit Sandman

Just look at a dictionary

Gentlemen,

No reason to get personal here, let's have a civil discussion. (OOBoneCollector has sent me a very polite PM where he acknowledges that this discussion is a matter of legitimate debate and I appreciate his professionalism.)

The definition of "hunt" and "hunting" is as follows:

hunt (hnt)
hunting
v.
1. To seek out; to search for.
2. To search an area for prey.
3. To pursue game for food or sport.

Per the definition of the word, "hunting" requires a seeking, the search of an area, or a pursuit of game. My point: sitting in a permanently constructed, glass-windowed, elevated building does not legitimately fulfill the seeking requirement. And, looking out a window over a specially prepared, manicured, food-plot kill zone with a rifle or shotgun does not legitimately fulfill the search or pursue requirement.

I don't know what you would call this, but it's clearly NOT hunting, per the definition of the word. It may be legal, but it's not hunting.

Things have gotten way out of hand--the sport has been commercially compromised and ethically perverted--when hunting is confused with whatever this is.

As to being jealous, well, I'm always ready to share my whitetail deer hunting success photos.

Bronc

Last edited:
Bronc,

You must be purely a spot n stalker eh? Sitting in a treestand is not hunting either. It is just waiting. Sitting on a funnel in november is just as bad as a foodplot in january. Heck, hunting the rut should be illegal the deer are so dang retarded.

Btw when sitting in a tree or insulated blind you are actively searching for prey therefore you are hunting.

Do you think a redtail hawk sitting on a power pole for hours searching the grass below him for a field mouse is not hunting?

Last edited:
I think someone forgot to take their medications today....

Goodness sake!

Congratulate the guy for his fortune, work, patience and closing the book on a great buck and move on.

We might need to start testing people before they can be able to post in this site. I think there is more than one guy that's a closet Liberal in here....

Just unreal what jealous does to people....

The definition of a "douche bag" is as follows:

"Someone who is having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities. Conceited, self-important, egotistic, full of oneself, superior if you will. These types of people, known as "douche bags" will most often spew their opinion in a jealous fit, "many times on hunting forums", and then try to make you believe you and your hunting tactics are inferior to their primal and elite methods of take."

Got it from Webster's, look it up! :D

I think its funny you guys continue to badger him, but yet he said he received a private message from the poster himself... as stated before, the exact reason most of us dont post on here anymore...
But as for the deer, congrats on one heck of a deer..I know I would be proud!

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
I have no posted trail cam photos or deer for quite sometime... most of the time its either in management or other informative posts. But thanks for noticing :rolleyes:

Wow....can't believe what I just read. Elevated blind or treestand, that's work put in to know where the deer are going to be. I guess I call it doing your homework.

I guess maybe no one ever thought about a young 9 year old younger brother who possibly can't bare the elements too long to enjoy it....but can if there's a blind.

:thrwrck: :confused:

Top Bottom