Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Exotics & Preserve Hunting

blake

Life Member
I have never hunted any of the exotic species offered by the
hunting preserves in Iowa and surrounding states. But I have often thought about booking a hunt on one of them.

My rationale is that a hunting preserve may offer an excellent opportunity to keep ones hunting skills sharp during the off season. Also to have some fun hunting different species; frankly some of these species are unique in their own way and are truly beautiful animals.

I realize that many of you have different opinions about hunting inside
of a “high fenced operation”. However the purpose of this post is not to get into a lengthy discussion about the ethics of this type of hunting. We have several post’s from years past that a member can add their two cents re: hunting inside of “High Fence Opertaions”.

Please feel free to discuss your experiences hunting inside of preserves if you have hunted them. Or perhaps you are thinking about hunting the “Exotic’s.”

I am sure I have missed several exotic species so please feel free to add your choice.

There is an outfit just outside of West Union in Northeast Iowa if anyone is real interested. He is a good guy and I think he has a good reputation.

Is there a place in Iowa that has a HUGE amount of land? I would think that if the high fenced area is too small it would just be expensive target practice.

Top Bottom