Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Extreme cold clothes???

meatcleaver

meatcleaver
Im having a hard time staying warm on stand when the temp gets below 20 degrees. What kind of parka,bibs, coveralls and thermals do you guys wear? Thanks

Heater body suit- bought one Friday and they are expensive but worth every penny. Never even got a chill

Only issue so far was sitting in a cheap ladder stand was tuff to turn around in because the feet are large. A nice stand doesn't have that issue. As far as getting hands out - just move your arms and it opens right up way easy- and the zipper is very quiet. I haven't spooked a single deer because of it and I opened it when does would come in just to test it out- Can't wait for muzzy season with it

Merino Wool as a base layer works awesome. It's kind of spendy but well worth it. Doesn't hold the odors like Under Armour does. I also have a Merino wool 1/4 zip that I wear when it gets cold. You can catch them on camofire for cheap sometimes.

Ditto on the Cabelas Stand Hunter Extreme. Just bought a pair of the coveralls two weeks ago. Have worn them a few times already and I am impressed with them. They were on sale when I bought them not sure if they still are.

The entire key to extreme cold clothing is windshear equipment imo. Wind zaps heat. If the wind can't get in you will stay much much warmer.

The entire key to extreme cold clothing is windshear equipment imo. Wind zaps heat. If the wind can't get in you will stay much much warmer.

Yeah, learned that when I wore my cheap rainsuit one morning in the rain. After it stopped raining, it was a little cool and breezy. Never had better wind protection. Downside was that that suit does not let the skin breathe, so my underlayers were soaked just from body moisture (even tho I didn't feel like I was sweating).

I got the Gamehide bibs and jacket on sale this summer. They're awesome. Not bulky like you would think, super quiet and I don't even wear layers underneath.

How does the harness tether work with the heater suit? Does it have a slit in the back for it or would that not be practical when you need to get out of it for a shot?

Sent from my XT1030 using IW

My heater suit does not have a slit in it. I just run it through the back and it hasn't been an issue for me.

extreme cold

I actually have the cabelas stand hunter extreme bibs and parka and I still get cold with several layers underneath when its in the low 20s. i dont know what else to try other than the heater body suit

Yeah, learned that when I wore my cheap rainsuit one morning in the rain. After it stopped raining, it was a little cool and breezy. Never had better wind protection. Downside was that that suit does not let the skin breathe, so my underlayers were soaked just from body moisture (even tho I didn't feel like I was sweating).

I am looking at more of the mountain gear to regulate humidity and condensation that is created by body heat. Then wearing a lite camo outer layer or Body Heater suite.

Top Bottom