Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fall fishing fun

SaskGuy

I neglected fall fishing for quite a few yrs, now that Reid is a budding pro angler he is making sure I don't put the rods away when school starts. I convinced my brother to make the 2 hr drive uo ealy yesterday a.m and we headed an hr north to the cabin. Saw this fella on the way in.
0495.jpg

The weather wasn't exactly hot and the fishign was fairly slow. By mid afternoon this was the best one we had caught.
0514.jpg

We pulled the boat out and headed a couple miles to a little trout lake where we knew the wind wouldn't suck the life out of us.
We made alot of casts but did end up boating a couple rainbows and lost another. I'll try get back in a few weeks when they get real active.
0553.jpg

0573.jpg

We got out this morning for a few hrs, it was cold and windy but all 3 of us got at least one good fish.

0674.jpg

0652.jpg

This is my second 40"+ trip in a row as I caught this 42"er this a.m. She bled from the mouth but will be fine.
0611.jpg

0631.jpg

We were home in a little morer than 24 hrs. I believe I'll be doing it again before too long.

Last edited:
Amazing fishing photos as usual, Kaare!!! That rainbow you're holding is an absolute beauty! Oh, and the pike isn't bad either ... :D. I love your son's enthusiasm in the second photo ... awesome stuff!

-Longspurs-

What were you slingin at the pike? Those are some dandies. Looks like the boy is enjoying himself. :way:

We were chucking spoons at the pike, that was all that seemed to work. No luck on bucktails or cranks.

Looks like you had an amazing time and the look on Reid's face in that 2nd pic says it all! Awesome job!!

2nd pic is amazing. Without knowing the background you would think the pike bit his hair and he is ready to land some fists to the top of its head.

man, i love those big teeth! Great pix and glad to see he's so into it!

:way:

You gotta blow that 2nd pic up and frame it, that this priceless as others have said! Looks like you guys are having a ton of fun... doesn't get any better than that!

Top Bottom