Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

False Triggers

duckaholic

I have built 6 D370 trail cam units with the Bigfoot boards. It seems that a few of these cams are taking quite a few false pictures. These cams are sensing and triggering motion just fine but every now and then I will get false triggers in between legit pictures and not in within a half hour after the legit pics. These cams all have fresh batteries when deployed. If the camera(notthe board) runs low on juice, could this be the problem? I'm wondering if extrernal power will help solve this problem. Does anyone know what could be causing false triggers like this?

Camoman, if you have any info on what yours is doing..throw it in.

Is your Sensitivity Potentiometer turned all the way up? If so this could cause false triggers.

I know some of my cams, if they are faced straight south into light, they get a few false pics..i also have some where you can just see an ear or nose on the very edge of the pics...

Mine has shot off a lot of blank pictures on two of the four locations where I had it out. There wasn't anything in front that should have been triggering it, and it wasn't looking towards the sunrise or sunset. It would work well for a series of photos, then shoot off 10-30 blank shots over a period of time. Then it would work okay again for awhile. Batteries are fresh in the camera and on the board. Not sure why this is happening. Mine uses teh D-380, which for all purposes, is the same as the D-370.

Are alot of the false triggers coming in the heat of the day? If so your control board may be picking up motion(leaf blowing)and because it is warmer it believes that this motion is an animal and takes a picture. You can adjust your sensitivity on a Bigfoot board by:
12Bigfoot-board.jpg

if this doesn't work I would suggest contacing Dave at Bigfoot boards,[email protected] he's a great guy and always willing to help out.

Thanks Pete - I backed it off a bit. I also noticed that my camera batteries were low. I swapped them out, and we'll see if the combo helps out.

That's weird...I have a P32 homebrew and just checked it to find 128 false triggers. I normally do not get those with this cam. I must have low batteries as well because I know my pot is set right.

I think 90% of my false triggers in the daytime are actually caused by birds. Sometimes you can spot one sitting in the background or drinking from a puddle in the salt lick and they are really bad over corn.
The new SSS boards alow different delay settings for day vs night. Since I rarely get decent bucks in the daytime (over bait) it can really save room on your memory card w/o having to go to night only. I am really liking that feature for alot of reasons, and it helps with the birds.

Top Bottom