Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fame and fortune gone awry....

Tom. IMO, some of the shows on the Outdoor Channel are responsible for eventually turning hunting into a rich mans sport. I'm really afraid that my sons and grandkids will miss out on something I think is special. I take excpetion to any one or anything that I feel is or will ruin it for them. Sorry, but I won't change my mind on this subject..........

This idiot never would have got the opportunity to be on a show. It would have taken 5 mins to figure out that he was full of crap. Although I agree that the Outdoor channel has mainstreamed our sport, to say that it is the root of all evil is unjust. That is like saying that McDonalds is responsible for fat people, or that the reason some of our youth don't hunt is because of PS3. Not all people on the outdoor channel are bad, and there are a handful of shows that your sons could watch and learn a few things from. Even if you just use it as a tool for you and your sons to share a common interest, it can be useful. It doesn't have to be "monkey see, monkey do". This guy was a tool plain and simple and got caught thank God.

All of Outdoor Channel shows are not bad, that is why I said some shows. And most people will never do what this guy did, that is why I called him the extreme. But the fact is, more land is being leased up by people that can afford to lease, or by outfitters offering a service for a price. To some degree, the Outdoor Channel has an influence on all that. To what degree I guess can be debated. I decided several years ago for these reasons that I would not watch the ODC anymore, my own small way of boycotting I guess. Besides, alot of the shows are like a 30 minute commercial anyway. Info can certainly be gained from some shows but for me, I've learned a ton more stuff from pouring over IWT threads than any TV show has offered.

Sorry again, but I'm sorta bullheaded as I get more aged..........:thrwrck:

Sorry again, but I'm sorta bullheaded as I get more aged..........:thrwrck:

No need to appologize for how you feel. There's a-lot of people in the outdoor community that feel the same, more than you realize. This tool is a prime example of how trophy marketing is affecting people IMO.

Top Bottom