Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Family Feud

IowaChiro

So, my brother decided to putting a shooting range in the middle of a 40 acre timber last year, which caused some drama. Fast forward to this year, the shooting range is going to be planted into brassicas in a month, but my brother, who doesn't hunt, is planning to shoot his AR, 44 magnum, and other guns up through the rut. It's our grandfathers ground, and he set a Labor day weekend deadline for shooting...but my brother is stating he will shoot there when he wants to. It's not my only hunting spot...but before last years barrage, had produced some deer in the 150's during November. The guy on the ground next to it was miffed(in a nice way) about all the shooting last year as well. I'm trying to find a compromise.....like my brother going to shoot on the other side of the families desolate overfarmed ground. However, he says shooting in the timber adds to the experience. What would you do?

Just going off of what I've read it sounds like he needs to grow the hell up!

There is no reason for him to act the way he is unless there is some underlying hatred or feud with his brother.

If it was my brother I would just smack him in the nuts and tell him you get 8 months out of the year and I get 4 months. If that did not work then it would be an old fashioned brotherly fist fight. Hope you can still take him. That is how my dad and his brother settled everything.

He is your younger brother just tell him to knock his crap off and grow up. I will come over and kick him in the nuts for you anytime!!!! I owe him one or two anyway. Seriously sorry he is putting you through this.

Maybe have your grandfather lay down the law. You get the hunting seasons and brother gets the rest. If he doesn't like grandpa's rules he can find somewhere else to shoot. I know family squables are difficult but he needs to grow up and respect his grandfather's rules and just appreciate having the use of his property no matter how you and him get along

I would think out of respect for your granddad he would take his, meaning your granddad's, relationship with his neighbors into account. Not to mention his wishes about when shooting stops. Otherwise hope your the older one and never lost.

Unless there is more to the story, it sounds like your bro needs to grow up. He's really being a selfish jerk.

He is your younger brother just tell him to knock his crap off and grow up. I will come over and kick him in the nuts for you anytime!!!! I owe him one or two anyway. Seriously sorry he is putting you through this.
You know the deal..it goes to the three of us siblings..if this is how it's gonna be, I think it should go to my Uncle and Mom. I am A ok with the timber being a campground, or even shooting in it til Labor day, I just don't understand his need to insist that he shoot there in September through November. We about went to blows at Darrell's yesterday.

I would think out of respect for your granddad he would take his, meaning your granddad's, relationship with his neighbors into account. Not to mention his wishes about when shooting stops. Otherwise hope your the older one and never lost.

Haven't lost..but I'm like 100 pounds smaller than he.

So if you met together (not over email or something like that) - would he have a reasonable negotiation with you to possibly come to a compromise?

So if you met together (not over email or something like that) - would he have a reasonable negotiation with you to possibly come to a compromise?

I thought we had one...labor day as a deadline.. Then he said..ok..if I won't shoot in that timber...I'll shoot in the other 40 acre timber. I give up, I've got other good spots..but they are hunted on quite a bit, and won't always be there for me.

You know the deal..it goes to the three of us siblings..if this is how it's gonna be, I think it should go to my Uncle and Mom. I am A ok with the timber being a campground, or even shooting in it til Labor day, I just don't understand his need to insist that he shoot there in September through November. We about went to blows at Darrell's yesterday.

Tell him there are these things where people can go and shoot for free all the time during those months.

Top Bottom