Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fan on a stick works for me...

jjohnson

We started the morning in the blind next to a small roost sinkhole in a crp field. Had one bird sounding off 100 yds away in the sinkhole. Watched him fly down and he was having none of it. He shut up and dissapeared. We had been hearing several birds a 1/2 mile away on the other side of the field and decided to bail and go investigate. I spotted this guy with a jake in the neighbors hay strip some 1000 yds away or so. The were fired up and I decided to start the long crawl with the fan. The jake come into the crp but the time was leary. I closed to 80 yds or so and finally the tom decided he'd had enough. I let her rip when his beak was about 3 ft from the muzzel and cut two of his tail feathers clean off. I MISSED:confused:. A follow up shot at 10yds put him in the dirt. :way: Small bird no spurs but a nice beard. I'll take it. One of the funnest turkey hunts I've had. 3 buddies were laying 100yds behind me and had a box seat for the action.

Very cool. You would have never lived it down if the 2nd shot had not done the job. Congrats!

Congrats man!! I tried the fan on the stick yesterday and failed miserably. I was belly crawled through wet soaking chiseled plowed for about 75 yards. Covered in mud, gun was coated, I was fat and out of shape. The bird was coming in. He got to 80 yards and was coming pretty good and I thought I better prop this fan up so I can shoot. I prop the fan up and the win catches it and spins it 90 degrees. The jig was up as I was fully exposed. It was fun though.

Congrats again!

Very cool! I am waiting to see who is the first one to get spurred by a big old tom using this technique! :D Congrats JJ! :way:

Top Bottom