Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Far-fetched?? IW's Believe it or Not..

Thought of another one...

My senior year in highschool, one of my best friends parent's hosted a foreign exchange student from Ukraine, his name was Roman (pronounced Rome-on).. anywho, I don't really know what the school was thinking by putting him at my friends house for the year considering that's where I learned all my bad habits growing up, but he ended up there anyway and boy was he in for a ride. The very first thing I can remember him saying after he was here for about a day was "Why is everything 'Fu!@k'?!?!?!" because apparently that was a common everyother word in a sentence back then. One night, we were out partying across a creek down in my buddies timber and then Roman had passed out from a few too many American brews.. We happened to know where a dead basket rack buck was rotting in the middle of a bean field, so, one of my friends and I jump on a 4wheeler and go out in the dark and twist this things head off. We got back and set it right on Romans chest, thinking it would just scare him when he woke up. Another friend felt sorry for him, so he took the head off of his chest and there were little slimey MAGGOT's and brain juice covering him! haha... funniest damn thing ever. The friend that took the deer head off of his chest tried wiping them off of Roman, but, Roman just gently rolled over onto his stomach and slept it out.. not real sure where the maggots ended up.. foreign relations at its finest :drink1:

I have one about my introduction to hunting (outside of pheasants).. I grew up a hunter in a fishing family. My Dad fishes multiple days every week. Very young though I oddly enough caught the hunting bug. Might have started from watching hunting shows as a kid or getting to tag along as my Dad walked the family grove in NW Iowa and watch him miss a pheasant or two. Well finally after watching every hunting show a 10 year old can, I begged my Dad to take me turkey hunting. Problem was that we lived in central Iowa and I had never actually seen a wild turkey in my life. My Dad didn't know anywhere to go but to make me happy, ended up taking me on a public area north of town. I spent months reading and watching anything I could on turkey hunting waiting for the season to arrive. Back then we had to choose what area and season to hunt in Iowa. Ended up we hunted season 3 in central Iowa. We went off turkey hunting our first morning. Beautiful experience with my new decoy, camo and box call. Problem was this, we honestly think we weren't within 20 miles of the nearest turkey... It took me 5 years and lots of learning to figure out turkey hunting.

I owe my bud a million bucks. We were on a 80 mile adventure float and fish trip in Canada's Quetico park. We were very limited on the tackle we could bring. Anyway, I had the magic crankbait ( only one) the walleye, pike & bass couldn't leave alone.

After about 70 fish, I hooked into a large pike that literally snapped my wire leader and swam away with my crankbait. I never cussed like that before and in the middle of my tirade, I announced a $1M bounty to the person in the group who found my lure.

You guessed it, three days layer on the way out of the park my bud landed that fish - still carrying my lure... About 1/2 mile away from the original spot.

Needless to say I usually have to get the bar tab.

This back when I was 14 and was out pheasant hunting with 5 friends. It was the end of the day and were walking back to the car when we see a group of slug hunters on the neighbors ground. Us being young and dumb and our first year hunting we didn't know about orange during gun season. Then we start hearing shots and the slugs start zinging oved our heads and hitting the dirt around us. We start waving our arms and yelling. The slugs kept coming. Finally we took cover in a ditch. They knew we weren't deer I think they were trying teach us a lesson. We were in the wrong for not having orange on but they could have easily killed one of us. That is when I started not liking the orange army.

I was hunting a field edge across the field from my buddy. Shortly before dark an little owl landed in the tree and looked at me. Then another landed on the other side. Then another and another. The next thing I knew they were swooping at me from all angles so close I thought they would take my hat off. This continued for about 30 seconds while I yelled and swung my arms at which point they took off. I met my buddy after dark and told him that he wasn't going to believe what happened to me. He said that it couldn't be worse than what happened to him. He went on to tell me that he got attacked by several little owls. I wasn't the only one!:rolleyes: The only time in 20+ years of bowhunting that I have been attacked by owls.
I have a stand by an old barn one night I had the same thing happen to me with barn owls it's kind of creepy I was wishing I had my shotgun that night

When I was 13 years old, my neighbor and his buddy took me out for my first ever turkey hunt. After a long morning of sitting and calling, we moved to another location. We set up on the edge of the timber looking into a creek bottom. We had a hen decoy set up in the clearing. There was a hawk sitting in a tree across from us about 100 yards away. Not thinking anything of it, the hawk took off and began circling above us. In a split second, the hawk swooped down and snatched my decoy and flew away with it. About 200 yards away, the hawk figured it out and dropped the decoy. It was completely tore up. Ever since, I have always been a little nervous when I see a hawk while turkey hunting.

My buddy Rich, the same one who shot The Juggernaut had a story he told one time about a buck their hunting party had shot. It was an 8 point and I can't remember the circumstances but it ended up being Rich and another individual who will remain nameless but they were doing the posting on a deer drive during shotgun season. No deer came by during the drive and while the two of them were walking back to the truck this 8 point buck comes walking out so they open fire. The buck drops with a wound high and back. They walk up and the deer is dead.

Nobody had a knife on them for fear of bad luck (I guess some guys are superstitious like that). So, they tagged the buck, loaded it into the truck and drove back to the farm to gut the deer and bone it out. They both went into the shed to get their knives, and to their surprise, as they walked out the door the buck was standing in the back of the pickup. They immediately ran to the pickup and once they did this, the buck jumped out of the pickup. They tried to grab the buck and slit its throat and were dragged for several yards before the buck escaped with the tag on the antlers. The buck was never found.

shadowpeople said:
My buddy Rich, the same one who shot The Juggernaut had a story he told one time about a buck their hunting party had shot. It was an 8 point and I can't remember the circumstances but it ended up being Rich and another individual who will remain nameless but they were doing the posting on a deer drive during shotgun season. No deer came by during the drive and while the two of them were walking back to the truck this 8 point buck comes walking out so they open fire. The buck drops with a wound high and back. They walk up and the deer is dead.

Nobody had a knife on them for fear of bad luck (I guess some guys are superstitious like that). So, they tagged the buck, loaded it into the truck and drove back to the farm to gut the deer and bone it out. They both went into the shed to get their knives, and to their surprise, as they walked out the door the buck was standing in the back of the pickup. They immediately ran to the pickup and once they did this, the buck jumped out of the pickup. They tried to grab the buck and slit its throat and were dragged for several yards before the buck escaped with the tag on the antlers. The buck was never found.

Well dang!

arrow flinger

some of these stories have me crackin up. i've had some strange/funny thing happen to me over the years while fishing and hunting.

about 11 or 12 years ago i was hunting with my dad 2nd season. i was sitting right next to him at the time, right at the base of this big oak tree. well we wern't really seeing much action and i could see my dad was kinda dozing off. All of a sudden i hear some leaves moving, and think it's a deer coming. I didn't wake my dad, bc i realized it was just a squirrel heading our way. Well about 30 seconds later the squirrel is running full bore right at us. I kinda cover my face so he doesn't rip it off and as soon as I do that the thing jumps right on my dads groin area! lol. He's a big guy 6'5 and about 230 pounds, i never heard him scream that loud before. I was just laughing my a** off.

Thought of another one. One year when my dad was shotgun hunting he was on post and had a fox running right at him. When the fox ran past he hit it on the head with the barrel of his gun. The fox did a 360, got up and took off. My dad was standing there with a 12gauge with a bent barrel. So he put the barrel in the Y of a tree and straightened it back out as best he could. Said it shot straighter than before it got bent!

About 15 years ago a buddy and I went ice fishing in Michigan (I grew up there) on a miserable January day. We had a portable ice shanty so we toughed it out. We were jigging for walleye on this trip. I had a portable fishing graph that i used in both summer and winter. The transducer had a suction cup on it that made it stick to the back of the boat during the summer. Since this was my first ice fishing trip for the year the transducer still had the suction cup on it and it always got in the way while on the ice, so I took it off and threw it in the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket. We took a break and got out of the shanty to take a leak and stretch our legs. While we were out the 30mph winds tipped our shanty over. We finally got it set back up and picked all our gear up and resumed fishing. We had fished several hours and hadn't even had a bite yet. All the sudden I feel some weight on my rod and set the hook...fish on!!! My line is going wildly side to side in the hole and the fish feels decent. My buddy reels his line up to help me land the fish when he looks down the hole and yells....WTF!! I procede to pull the fish out of the hole except the fish is.....the suction cup off my transducer!!! When the shanty tipped over in the wind the suction cup fell out of the bucket and down the hole and I never noticed it was missing when we picked our gear back up. I snagged the damn thing with my jigging spoon in 22 feet of water.....and it put up the best fight we had all day!! True story. We still laugh about that trip to this day.

Here we go opening weekend of last years shotgun season. Sunday morning, I had been up all night cause late saturday I shot my first deer and we couldn't find it. Anyway my buddy and I were driving out to the woods when we saw a doe and two fawns in the corn field next to the road.... I said deer and my buddy didn't pay much attention just kept driving. Me on the other hand sitting in the passenger seat thinking I'm dreaming, watching this doe parallels the truck in the field and just as I screamed deer it made a sharp left turn my buddy didn't slow down till the bang...

This really isn’t a hunting story but it is 100% true. I think some of you have heard it before so tell me if I change anything.

About 15 years ago my wife and I bought a house on an acreage. The house was built in the early 70’s and had brown painted T1-11 siding that had seen its better day, not that T1-11 ever did have a better day. The seller agreed to reside the house and garage in vinyl. We picked out the color and style. It was a slate blue color with 4 inch lap. The seller was a contractor of sorts so he did it himself and he did a good job.

At the time I was really into old Oliver tractors and going to tractor shows. The siding had been finished for about a week when I went to a tractor show in Cedar Falls. I got home just about sunset smelling like a tractor show; coal smoke, sweat and old tractor grease. Jane had barbequed some chicken and left some for me but I had to take shower before I ate. After the shower I just put on a pair of shorts. Much like the old siding they had seen their better days, the elastic in the waist band was shot and about the only thing holding them up was a thought. I sat down at the table and commenced to eatin. I pigged out on what was prolly a whole chicken, a pot of beans, a bucket of ‘tater salad and for desert about a gallon of ice cream with chocolate sauce and sprinkles.

I was stuffed. My shorts fit better though. To help Jane clean up I took the chicken bones outside to the cats. We had a small two step prefab cement stoop leading up to the back door from a cement patio that was between the garage and the house. I just put the plate of bones on the top of the stoop and went back inside. Not that the cats were gonna get much meat off those bones, I had gnawed them pretty clean.

I was miserably stuffed. I think it was prolly the sprinkles on the ice cream that had over done it. I waddled my way to the living room which was only a few feet and a thin wall away from the chicken bones. With the windows open it was like I was sitting right beside them. A few minutes after I was nestled into my comfy chair I could hear very loud crunching coming from the stoop. We had some pretty big cats that could put the hurts on any bone, but not like this.

I struggled out of my chair to see what manner of beast was eating the bones and crunching them so loudly. It sounded like a family of mouth breathers eating corn flakes. The back porch light was on and in the yellow glow of the bug light I saw what the biggest, the fattest, the ugliest grinner ever. This possum was the granddaddiest of all possums everywhere bar none, period. In fact I have shot deer that were smaller than this possum.

Jane is at the window with me and says “Whatever it is shoo it away and for godsake pull up your pants”.” Huh. I ain’t goin up against the world’s biggest possum unarmed and my shorts are just fine”. I have always thought that butt crack has the same effect on women that décolleté has on men.

Well, the lady of the house wants the possum that really could be a chupacabra gone. Huh. So to prove my point a say “Shoo” out the window. No response from the possumcabra. I say “SHOO” from the window. The possumcabra just looks at me with those beady eyes, a mouth full of razor sharp teeth and chicken bones, then grins, then hisses and goes back to snarfing chicken bones off the plate.

I’m not really sure why, but that grin and that hiss just touched a nerve with me. Well, not so much touched a nerve as stomped on an exposed root from a tooth gone bad. It was like he had challenged my rightful place in the hierarchy of the world. He had challenged my manhood. It was the possumcabra, or it was me.

I am a sporting man, so to make it an even fight I left the 12 gauge in the closet and got out the .410. I slammed a 2 ¾” shell in the breech and closed it up. I put three more shells in the back pocket of my worn out shorts and headed for the door. Hey, now is as good a time as any to ask, has anybody ever heard of “Monitor” brand guns? My old single shot .410 has “Monitor” stamped on the side. It is the only gun I have ever seen by that brand.

Anyway, I’m headed to the door, .410 at port arms, hammer back. I can still hear the possumcabra chewing bones, soon he would hear nothing but the sound of the mighty .410 wielded by an angry alpha male. I hit the door latch, it swings a few inches and stops. The damn possumcabra had pushed the plate against the door and somehow I had managed to get the door wedged on the plate. The door wouldn’t open, it was stuck. Now I was really really, uh, unsettled. I pushed the door harder. Nuthin. It was the door or me, it was keeping me from my moment of possumcabra killing, man rights restoring glory. I kicked the door open.

During my struggle to get out the door the possumcabra had waddled his way down the two steps and was waddling across the patio. I was after him like a tiger after a hindu. I jumped down both stairs at once moving the .410 from port arms to high ready and moving my shorts from high ready to low ankle.

Don’t ask me how this next move happened because I don’t know, but one foot cleared the shorts so they were just dragging from the other. There I was, buck naked, .410 at high ready, the possumcabra waddling away and me waddling after it. Damn sprinkles anyway. Again, another move I can’t explain for sure, but I went from high ready position to holding the .410 in my right hand with the muzzle right behind the possumcabra's head. I pulled the trigger just as the freakin thing moved his head to the right. He was now deaf in his left ear, but I could hear the pellets ricocheting off the patio. I was dumbfounded and angrier than ever. I managed to get my shorts untangled from my ankle, fished out another shell and reloaded.

This time the possumcarbra would die. He had waddled just a few feet away. I put the muzzle of the .410 behind his head again and timed my waddle with his. I pulled the trigger just as I stepped on a chard of chicken bone. Now the possumcabra is deaf in both ears but I can still hear the pellets ricocheting into the darkness.

By this time the possumcabra was so disoriented from the ringing in his ears he started going in circles. My shorts with the shells in the pocket were too far away and I was so pissed I tried to club him with the barrel. Another epic fail. The barrel hit the patio, the fore stock flew off the gun and hit the house. About that time it registered in my brain that if the fore stock had hit the house then where did the pellets hit after they ricocheted off the patio?

I looked at the house, then I looked at the garage then I looked at my wife standing in the window with arms akimbo and a scowl. Then I looked down at my nakedness and felt shame. Not because I was naked. That’s never bothered me. I felt shame because my house and my garage with the brand new siding was full of #6 pellet holes.

Yup the house and garage siding looked like Swiss cheese and the possumcabra had wondered in circles into the darkness never to be seen again.

I still have the .410, I still have the same wife, I still have not regained my manhood and I no longer use a gun on grinners. I have a duplicate of a Mark McGwire bat by the back door at the ready. And yes, 15 years later I’m still in the penalty box. Even thought the house is buried in the ground along with any hope of ever being an alpha male again.

Last edited:
Fishbonker said:
This really isn’t a hunting story but it is 100% true. I think some of you have heard it before so tell me if I change anything.

About 15 years ago my wife and I bought a house on an acreage. The house was built in the early 70’s and had brown painted T1-11 siding that had seen its better day, not that T1-11 ever did have a better day. The seller agreed to reside the house and garage in vinyl. We picked out the color and style. It was a slate blue color with 4 inch lap. The seller was a contractor of sorts so he did it himself and he did a good job.

At the time I was really into old Oliver tractors and going to tractor shows. The siding had been finished for about a week when I went to a tractor show in Cedar Falls. I got home just about sunset smelling like a tractor show; coal smoke, sweat and old tractor grease. Jane had barbequed some chicken and left some for me but I had to take shower before I ate. After the shower I just put on a pair of shorts. Much like the old siding they had seen their better days, the elastic in the waist band was shot and about the only thing holding them up was a thought. I sat down at the table and commenced to eatin. I pigged out on what was prolly a whole chicken, a pot of beans, a bucket of ‘tater salad and for desert about a gallon of ice cream with chocolate sauce and sprinkles.

I was stuffed. My shorts fit better though. To help Jane clean up I took the chicken bones outside to the cats. We had a small two step prefab cement stoop leading up to the back door from a cement patio that was between the garage and the house. I just put the plate of bones on the top of the stoop and went back inside. Not that the cats were gonna get much meat off those bones, I had gnawed them pretty clean.

I was miserably stuffed. I think it was prolly the sprinkles on the ice cream that had over done it. I waddled my way to the living room which was only a few feet and a thin wall away from the chicken bones. With the windows open it was like I was sitting right beside them. A few minutes after I was nestled into my comfy chair I could hear very loud crunching coming from the stoop. We had some pretty big cats that could put the hurts on any bone, but not like this.

I struggled out of my chair to see what manner of beast was eating the bones and crunching them so loudly. It sounded like a family of mouth breathers eating corn flakes. The back porch light was on and in the yellow glow of the bug light I saw what the biggest, the fattest, the ugliest grinner ever. This possum was the granddaddiest of all possums everywhere bar none, period. In fact I have shot deer that were smaller than this possum.

Jane is at the window with me and says “Whatever it is shoo it away and for godsake pull up your pants”.” Huh. I ain’t goin up against the world’s biggest possum unarmed and my shorts are just fine”. I have always thought that butt crack has the same effect on women that décolleté has on men.

Well, the lady of the house wants the possum that really could be a chupacabra gone. Huh. So to prove my point a say “Shoo” out the window. No response from the possumcabra. I say “SHOO” from the window. The possumcabra just looks at me with those beady eyes, a mouth full of razor sharp teeth and chicken bones, then grins, then hisses and goes back to snarfing chicken bones off the plate.

I’m not really sure why, but that grin and that hiss just touched a nerve with me. Well, not so much touched a nerve as stomped on an exposed root from a tooth gone bad. It was like he had challenged my rightful place in the hierarchy of the world. He had challenged my manhood. It was the possumcabra, or it was me.

I am a sporting man, so to make it an even fight I left the 12 gauge in the closet and got out the .410. I slammed a 2 ¾” shell in the breech and closed it up. I put three more shells in the back pocket of my worn out shorts and headed for the door. Hey, now is as good a time as any to ask, has anybody ever heard of “Monitor” brand guns? My old single shot .410 has “Monitor” stamped on the side. It is the only gun I have ever seen by that brand.

Anyway, I’m headed to the door, .410 at port arms, hammer back. I can still hear the possumcabra chewing bones, soon he would hear nothing but the sound of the mighty .410 wielded by an angry alpha male. I hit the door latch, it swings a few inches and stops. The damn possumcabra had pushed the plate against the door and somehow I had managed to get the door wedged on the plate. The door wouldn’t open, it was stuck. Now I was really really, uh, unsettled. I pushed the door harder. Nuthin. It was the door or me, it was keeping me from my moment of possumcabra killing, man rights restoring glory. I kicked the door open.

During my struggle to get out the door the possumcabra had waddled his way down the two steps and was waddling across the patio. I was after him like a tiger after a hindu. I jumped down both stairs at once moving the .410 from port arms to high ready and moving my shorts from high ready to low ankle.

Don’t ask me how this next move happened because I don’t know, but one foot cleared the shorts so they were just dragging from the other. There I was, buck naked, .410 at high ready, the possumcabra waddling away and me waddling after it. Damn sprinkles anyway. Again, another move I can’t explain for sure, but I went from high ready position to holding the .410 in my right hand with the muzzle right behind the possumcabra's head. I pulled the trigger just as the freakin thing moved his head to the right. He was now deaf in his left ear, but I could hear the pellets ricocheting off the patio. I was dumbfounded and angrier than ever. I managed to get my shorts untangled from my ankle, fished out another shell and reloaded.

This time the possumcarbra would die. He had waddled just a few feet away. I put the muzzle of the .410 behind his head again and timed my waddle with his. I pulled the trigger just as I stepped on a chard of chicken bone. Now the possumcabra is deaf in both ears but I can still hear the pellets ricocheting into the darkness.

By this time the possumcabra was so disoriented from the ringing in his ears he started going in circles. My shorts with the shells in the pocket were too far away and I was so pissed I tried to club him with the barrel. Another epic fail. The barrel hit the patio, the fore stock flew off the gun and hit the house. About that time it registered in my brain that if the fore stock had hit the house then where did the pellets hit after they ricocheted off the patio?

I looked at the house, then I looked at the garage then I looked at my wife standing in the window with arms akimbo and a scowl. Then I looked down at my nakedness and felt shame. Not because I was naked. That’s never bothered me. I felt shame because my house and my garage with the brand new siding was full of #6 pellet holes.

Yup the house and garage siding looked like Swiss cheese and the possumcabra had wondered in circles into the darkness never to be seen again.

I still have the .410, I still have the same wife, I still have not regained my manhood and I no longer use a gun on grinners. I have a duplicate of a Mark McGwire bat by the back door at the ready. And yes, 15 years later I’m still in the penalty box. Even thought the house is buried in the ground along with any hope of ever being an alpha male again.

This by far is the current winner! Laughing my ace off right now!

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using IW

Fishbonker said:

I laughed my headed off at this!

arrow flinger

spitndrum said:
When you gonna post the story about the turkey and the butcher knife?

Ok by request the turkey and the butcher knife

Me and my two brothers where in my room and I hear my dogs barking so I look towards the road and I see a tom come running across my my front yard. So where running thur the house window to window watching this. I guess his wing was messed up. So then he runs into a bared wire fence. So me and my brothers go running out of the house. No one gets a gun so I grab a butcher knife on the way out! We go running out of the house barefoot. So the turkey started running toward the road. I jump the fence. I tell my brother to go to the house and get my shotgun and a shell. With my brother up on the hill paralleling the road and me on it. The turkey is running between us. Barefoot and running with a butcher knife! Just the redneck in me! So thin I hear my brother screaming so I jump the ditch jump 2 more bared wire fences. The turkeys foot was caught in a vine with my jack rustle on his back taking out feathers and my brother holding down his head with a stick hollering! So I run up and cut the turkeys head off! Then my other brother gets back with the shotgun, alittle late. The turkey has 9 1/2 inch beard and 1 inch spurs!

It is 100% true!

arrow flinger

OMG! i literally jsut cried! i haven't laughed that hard in years! even my dog is looking at me funny cuz i'm laughing so hard!

Several of these stories have reminded me of others that I have that are very similar.

My first turkey:
I use to go along with my dad a couple times a year and watch him until I went out for the first time right after I turned 13. We were hunting public ground at the time. After two days of trying to figure out where the hell we were/where we were going way back in no-mans land, we finally got to where we wanted to be. We set up so that I was about 10 yards in front of my dad sitting against a tree with his trusty 870 12 ga and he was calling from behind me. A gobbler was roosted within 100 yds of us and he flew down and immediately came in. I blasted him at about 20 steps and he rolled. We were just jumping up to go get the turkey and the bird jumped to his feet and took off running.. My dad started yelling "Shoot him again!" In all the excitement, I forgot that after shooting a round through a pump shotgun, you didn't have to press the button down by the trigger guard to unlock the action and I was pressing it trying to get another round in while I was running, which was jamming the action. Somehow, I managed to get another shell in the chamber and shot at the turkey again and hit him in the legs with a few bb's. He kept running, by this time, my dad had passed me up at a dead sprint after the tom. Finally, the bird kind of stopped and was trying to juke my old man out and he dove on the fully alert bird and pretty much karate chopped him in the head to finish him off.... we still talk about that to this day.. We figure we had chased him about 100yds through the timber on public ground. I can only imagine what someone would have been thinking if they saw that.

hmm

I could not believe it when I was reading your story, I had pretty much the exact same thing happen to me on my first turkey. I was 9 years old, hunting with my dad and grandpa on private land. A little into the hunt we had a tom strut in over a hill then leave. The next time he came back I dropped him at 20 yards and just like my dad taught me we jumped up and ran over to step on his head. When we got up, the tom did as well and he took off running in the opposite direction. My dad was gaining ground on him and I remember the chamber was empty so I shucked another shell on the run. (later he told me that he heard it and was hoping I wasn't planning on shooting again) Dad eventually caught up to him and was running along side and reached over, grabbed his head, and threw him on the ground. It was the craziest thing I had ever seen and it was my first turkey. Definitely a hunt I will never forget!

I suppose I will add another one to the mix. A few years back, my brother and I were ice fishing on a farm pond. It was a windy, miserable day so we set up our ice hut. As with most trips on the ice, we bought a bottle of blackberry brandy to keep our spirits up. We both stepped out of the tent to drill some new holes, and just like that, the tent went over. We grabbed it before it blew away, but all of our stuff spilled everywhere. We took inventory of our gear and felt relieved that nothing was lost.....So we thought. After setting the hut back up, we decided we needed a "swig" off the bottle. Come to find out, it was nowhere to be found. There wasn't any snow on the ice, so it wasn't covered up or shattered about. We looked and looked and came up empty. Our only thought was that the bottle got flung just right that it hit the hole with enough speed to get stuck under the ice. That following spring, my friends and I searched the banks for the long lost bottle, but to no prevail. Whenever I make it back to the pond, I make it a point to look in the weeds for a few minutes, hoping to recovery the lost treasure.

Top Bottom