Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Farm Bureau/DNR survey

bjkpharmd

Just catching up on papers- spotted this DNR survey published in the Iowa farm Bureau paper 1/25/03.

Deer Damage Survey
The report compares 2002 with 1996 responses the the following questions and totals.

Deer damage occured 1996 67% 2002 75%

Deer damage increased 1996 47% 2002 53%

farm damage unacceptable 1996 31% 2002 39%

Initiated deer controls 1996 13% 2002 35%

Allowed hunting 1996 67% 2002 79%

This showed up much better in the graph but I can't post that here. Just makes me think that there are still plenty of doors to knock on for hunting privledges. Of those surveyed between 40 & 49% said hunting helped minimize deer numbers. The director of enviroment resources for the farm bureau was quoted "The survey shows that the DNR needs to continue to increase hunting pressure, particularly of does in 2003"

Sorry I didn't cite it very well. Yes the Iowa Farm Bureau Spokesman page 14 of 1/25/03 they have a much fuller text breakdown. If anyone has access or a link to the full survey- please list it, I haven't been able to find it on the DNR site. I'd like to see th breakout by region or county.

Did they happen to give the areas as to where the majority of these items happen?
Could it happen to be next to heavily populated areas,such as Des Moines,Iowa City, or other major cities as to where the deer are able to sneek into areas where the only thing that is going to take them out is a vehicle??You have to remember that alot of our rural is becoming city, alot of people now drive where deer had crossed for years before people did.

Also, I believe the number of drivers on the road increases every year, so why wouldn't the number of accidents increase also??

Did they happen to say how much money in new premiums they happened to take in this year?

Top Bottom