Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

feathers vs vanes

lefty79

Anybody shoot feathers with a whisker biscuit rest? How good do you shoot with the feathers? I'm thinking of doing some arrows with feathers and want to know if anyone else has and how well they shoot.

Back in the day I started off with feathers and a biscuit. The feathers did not hold up well. They eventually flattened out. My experience with vanes was better but over time the vanes got a curl to them. I guess everything wears out eventually but I do believe the biscuit hastens feather demise. The other thing about feathers when the individual shafts(?) of the feather get out of line they cause the arrow to whistle after they are shot.

As far as vanes there are some very short (not long and not tall) that would work better in my biscuit.

YMMV

As mentioned, feathers wont hold up in a biscuit for long. I would go with blazers if you intend on shooting a biscuit.

I've held this belief for a long time, but I think the biscuit is the single best hunting rest there is. I have a full containment drop away but I really do prefer the biscuit.

I agree. You will get tons of shots with feathers though a biscuit, but they do wear out after a while. I also put an extra dab of fletching adhesive right on the front of each feather where it meets the shaft to help keep them from ripping off as they are shot through. I switched to blazers and like them much better with a biscuit Just my $0.02

Top Bottom