Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Federal Land For Sale

savey33

What are people's thoughts on Bush selling off Ferderal land? From what I have been told by my buddy, it is a go and it is For Sale. We can waste billions a week in Iraq and he is going to sell of precious Federal land to try to make up for the deficit. And what, pay for a month or two over in Iraq witht the money we make from it! Every hunter and nature lover in the nation just took a shot in the shorts if you ask me. It starts here boys.........it makes me sick to think this may just be the beginning!

I'm sure Teddy Roosevelt is rolling over in his grave over this deal. But what does Bush care, rich people don't need public ground. They can just pay big $ to hunt private. Just don't hunt with the vice president, I heard he isn't real well versed in gun safety
blush.gif

on this site- someone will step up to defend Dubya but it won't be me. Lots of folks worse off than they were when he took office. Intelligence shouldn't be optional in Washington.

Lots of people better off also!!! I look to see what I had 8 years ago and what I have now, what the people I work with had then and what they have now. I know not everyone is in the same boat but I just don't see things as bad as some do.
I know many people who have saved money, watched what they spent and bought a farm to call thier own. Not just to farm but to hunt. They are not rich but careful with money.

In my mind, 3,000,000 acres of habitat that has been wild forever being sold for development isn't a better deal for anyone except the developer that purchases is for $1,000 per acre. Regardless of how you managed your own gig over the last 6 years, there is 3,000,000 acres that you can't hunt any more. 3,000,000 acres of habitat that we all cherish that will be destroyed and developed. And as you all know, this probably isn't a 1 year deal. Once they get a little, they continue to press in that direction.

[ QUOTE ]
Lots of people better off also!!! I look to see what I had 8 years ago and what I have now, what the people I work with had then and what they have now. I know not everyone is in the same boat but I just don't see things as bad as some do.
I know many people who have saved money, watched what they spent and bought a farm to call thier own. Not just to farm but to hunt. They are not rich but careful with money.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about the 2,308 troops that have died in Iraq to date? Pretty sure they aren't doing so swell
crazy.gif

36.9% of the Bush Tax Cuts this year are going to the best-off 1% = $55 billion - I guess they ain't too bad off
mad.gif

Our children, and our children's children won't be doing too good, unless Presidents #44-infinity step up and realize that the deficit is more than just a bunch of paper in a filing cabinet
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about the 2,308 troops that have died in Iraq to date? Pretty sure they aren't doing so swell
crazy.gif

36.9% of the Bush Tax Cuts this year are going to the best-off 1% = $55 billion - I guess they ain't too bad off
mad.gif

Our children, and our children's children won't be doing too good, unless Presidents #44-infinity step up and realize that the deficit is more than just a bunch of paper in a filing cabinet
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you NOT get a tax cut? Of course the rich will get more dollars because of the tax cut, they earn more, do the math. If you earn $200,000 and get a 1% tax cut, you will get more money than if you earn $30,000 and get a 1% tax cut. This argument is based on so much ignorance its embarrassing. Now if you suggest that the rich should not get any tax cut, that is up for debate.

yep- know it too well my friend! My blood is one of those 2308! My dad is also an Army Ranger. I feel I'm better off because of them fighting for me while I sit in a tree stand. Yes, I feel better off, thanks to them! and I don't mean financially. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

crazy.gif

mad.gif

grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you NOT get a tax cut? Of course the rich will get more dollars because of the tax cut, they earn more, do the math. If you earn $200,000 and get a 1% tax cut, you will get more money than if you earn $30,000 and get a 1% tax cut. This argument is based on so much ignorance its embarrassing. Now if you suggest that the rich should not get any tax cut, that is up for debate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any attempt at explaining tax policy will obviously be oversimplified, but it's nowhere near as simple as 1% = $1k for $100k/yr income, or $300 for a $30k/yr income, shall I repeat your comment for dramatic affect? [ QUOTE ]
...This argument is based on so much ignorance its embarrassing...

[/ QUOTE ] A majority of the tax cuts were targeted to supremely benefit the rich, i.e. eliminating the inheritence tax (or as they like to call it for propaganda reasons: the "death" tax), and also eliminating taxation of certain dividends (once again, the propaganda scheme is to label this as "double" taxation). I actually favor a flat tax across the board; a fixed and fair percentage that everyone pays regardless of income level. AND I also think that cutting taxes in a time of war is almost as stupid as lying your way to war to begin with... almost.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

crazy.gif

mad.gif

grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any attempt at explaining tax policy will obviously be oversimplified, but it's nowhere near as simple as 1% = $1k for $100k/yr income, or $300 for a $30k/yr income, shall I repeat your comment for dramatic affect? [ QUOTE ]
...This argument is based on so much ignorance its embarrassing...

[/ QUOTE ] A majority of the tax cuts were targeted to supremely benefit the rich, i.e. eliminating the inheritence tax (or as they like to call it for propaganda reasons: the "death" tax), and also eliminating taxation of certain dividends (once again, the propaganda scheme is to label this as "double" taxation). I actually favor a flat tax across the board; a fixed and fair percentage that everyone pays regardless of income level. AND I also think that cutting taxes in a time of war is almost as stupid as lying your way to war to begin with... almost.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used the 1% as an example, because it was apparent by your response that you were just going to use the standard liberal line. Did you or did you NOT get a tax break? The richest wage earners get more dollars back, because they earn more, I would think with your profession, this would make sense. As far as the death tax, why should the children of someone who has bought and paid for their land, risk loosing their land that has been bought and paid for because they cannot afford to pay the taxes after the death of their parents? Flat tax, I'm all for it, and if you do any investigation at all, the richest citizens would love a straight flat tax of 10%, it would save them millions every year. Its not the wealthy that oppose a flat tax. I never thought that I would have to defend conservative values on this forum. As far as your comment accusing our president of “lying” to start a war, you comments are reprehensible, irresponsible, baseless and frankly Un-American. Regardless of what you think of the President, to accuse him of lying when some of our soldiers are giving the ultimate sacrifice so you and I have the freedoms that we do is disgusting and truly demeans what these fine soldiers do each and every day. I truly find it hard to believe that a liberal thinking mind would partake in the great sport of Deer and Turkey Hunting.

Calling someone unamerican or unpatriotic is the standard Neo-Con line when anyone questions and isn't happy to just be one the the Sheepeople following the party line. The country is for sale to the lobbiest with the deepest pockets.

The bottom line is there may be federal land for sale and regardless of what PARTY you are in favor of (because this has obviously turned into a political debate), no respectible hunter Rebublican or Democrat who is an outdoor lover etc. should be in favor of this. Why would you? Thousands of acres that are used by thousands of people may be gone and it isn't going to make a world of differnce in the deficit. Good for your buddy if he can go out and buy some land for himself just to hunt on. That is not the issue nor was it the question and nor do I care along with others. And by the way, 98% of hunters in this country can't just go out and buy a farm just to hunt no matter how good they are with money. If the land is sold is it really going to make that much of a differnce of the deficit? SDBUCK3 may unfortunately be correct. This may just be the beginning! The simple question WAS.........what do you feel about selling this land? So are we to assume you as a hunter do not care since you are able to buy your own land. So as long as you have a place of your own to hunt, forget everyone else and the sport of hunting.....is that what you are saying? So just because some can afford to go out and buy land of their own that makes it okay in your eyes to sell this land? We are ALL BEYOND grateful for what our soldiers are doing etc. no one has said anything nor implying anything different. I'm guessing that there are quite a few soldiers that would be sick to hear about this land being sold as well. For some, public land may be all they can hunt and they deserve(more than us) to have that luxury when they return. Most of them don't have their own land to hunt on either! So........if you aren't sickened by the thought that some of this public land may go up for sale just because you have land of your own, I would call you a selfish hunter that doesn't respect nor support the sport of hunting. Hunters need to stick together NO MATTER WHAT to insure the hunting future of generations to come.

[ QUOTE ]
Calling someone unamerican or unpatriotic is the standard Neo-Con line when anyone questions and isn't happy to just be one the the Sheepeople following the party line. The country is for sale to the lobbiest with the deepest pockets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling someone a liar when the facts prove otherwise, is wrong and can be hurtful. Calling the President a liar when the facts prove otherwise borders on treason, which by definition is Un-American.

I won't be getting into the political discussion.

But, I am against the selling of Federal land.

I wish the State of Iowa would have bought up much more public recreational ground before the land values increased so much.
frown.gif

not really wanting to jump into this debate myself, but... [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there are a chit-load of iraqis that aren't getting murdered, and raped by saddam husein, that are a HELL of alot better off

[ QUOTE ]
I won't be getting into the political discussion.

But, I am against the selling of Federal land.

I wish the State of Iowa would have bought up much more public recreational ground before the land values increased so much.
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree completely with you, I hate to see any federal land get sold. I have personally scene this happen in the Black Hills of South Dakota, as a kid you could hunt almost anywhere in the Black Hills, as it was almost fully Federally owned, however, over time, more and more of the land has been purchased privately. I don't know how this happened; only that it has. To make matters worse, some of the private land is road front land, which controls access to thousands of acres of Federal land that lies behind the private land, in essence making it in-accessible to anyone but the forest service and the land owner who owns the road front property.

frown.gif

Top Bottom