Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Feeders

IowaBucks44

IowaBucks44
Guys i had been researching some homemade feeders on the internet lately, alot of PVC pipe feeders are out there now, anyone every built one or have any insite on them at all? the only problem i could see was they wouldnt be able to hold very much.

Ive got a buddy that built one, its 4inch dia, must be 6foot long and then the V at the bottom. He carrys corn in 5gal buckets, and he learned you have to stand on one bucket to dump the other in. I would guess his hold 2 5gal buckets worth.

i saw plans for one of these years ago in a magazine, wish i'd have kept it. it used an inverted funnel at the bottom, to limit the amount of corn that spilled out at one time.

I built one two years ago I used 4in pvc pipe and old disc blade it held about a 5 gallon bucket and a half I used the disc blade as a bowl and placed the pipe about three inches above the blade which limited the amount of corn that was let out

you can use a plastic garbage can and either build a base for it or hang it from a tree. get a couple feet of 2-3" pvc and a flange. cut a hole the size of the flange in the bottom of the garbage can, screw the flange to it, stick the pvc in and your done. Mine had tripod stands with a catch base 3-4 inches below the pvc. but you could hang it from a tree so the pvc was only 3-4 inches off the ground and im sure it would still work fine. a 30 gallon garbage can full of corn with a lid would last a couple weeks in jan. and feb.

This is the feeder we use. It works awesome! But it does get expensive if you don't allready have the goods. I fill it once a day with a 5 gallon buck of oats. Great for inventory on the bucks that are wintering on our farm.

PICT0365.jpg

Top Bottom