Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fencing question

StucknAz

I’m bouncing back and forth on my Ohio plans but I’d really like to try beans this spring. Total acreage would be 3 acres beans, 1 acre clover, and then a 3/4 acre fall mix in an interior woods plot.

For those of you that have fenced your beans, what’s a good “budget” fencing company? Any direction on best bang for your buck? Anything to avoid?

If my trip typically falls in last week of October, when would you release the fencing? Would it be wise to release early and provide forage during later summer? Broadcast a cover into them for fall draw?

I’m thinking real world beans, is that a good idea or should I be looking at something else?

Similarly to buck on a bag foodplot mixes, if you buy a "deer fence" you are paying more than you need to. 3D fence can be constructed from components from any farm store.

I’m bouncing back and forth on my Ohio plans but I’d really like to try beans this spring. Total acreage would be 3 acres beans, 1 acre clover, and then a 3/4 acre fall mix in an interior woods plot.

For those of you that have fenced your beans, what’s a good “budget” fencing company? Any direction on best bang for your buck? Anything to avoid?

If my trip typically falls in last week of October, when would you release the fencing? Would it be wise to release early and provide forage during later summer? Broadcast a cover into them for fall draw?

I’m thinking real world beans, is that a good idea or should I be looking at something else?
Most all deer will and can jump over any fence that is not close to 6 ft. high to get what they want. I have seen them do just that for all my time watching deer and growing corn beans, and hay over the last 55 years. Your train of thought for food plots is fine depending on just how much time and money you want to spend on the needed items.

Most all deer will and can jump over any fence that is not close to 6 ft. high to get what they want. I have seen them do just that for all my time watching deer and growing corn beans, and hay over the last 55 years. Your train of thought for food plots is fine depending on just how much time and money you want to spend on the needed items.
3D fences are highly affective. 4' tall.

Has anyone ever tried the Orange snow fence material? I was looking at TSC and this seemed to be a little bit cheaper and more budget friendly

Top Bottom