Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Field General 3pt mower?

Field Service

Anyone hear or know anything about this brand?

Dealer in Moscow Iowa says it is just as good as a BushHog brand mower (he sells both). I know the BushHogs are built like a hammer.

Anyway, I need a mower bad and would like to save the $600, but am finding it a little hard to believe. It's 200 lbs lighter and a 40hp gear box instead of 65.

Would love to get some feed back, both mower and the dealer, both are new to me.

Thanks!

I'd go with the bush hog. The diffrent hp , i would bet the gear box is lighter. The 600 bucks could be a cheap lesson when a repair bill is big.

Used to see the ads for the guy in Moscow but never visited his place. Trouble is he is telling you they are just as good but less or lighter steel and smaller gearbox. Did you price Schnoblens in Riverside? They have or had Bush Hog dealership in the past, not sure what Kalona Deere dealer has besides Deere and Frontier. I don't think anyone has regretted buying Bush Hog or a well known brand. I have a Woods because my first one was also a Woods and it was really bullet-proof, if I could drive the tractor over it- it would chew it up.

Yeah, checked Schnoblens a few months ago. They were asking about 200 more than Moscow. I'd like to support the locals, but 200 is a nice jag of NPK out of the slush fund.

I did check on the Woods in Columbus City. New was same as the BushHogs price wise, but only a 3 yr warr on the g-box. He did have a couple used, that may be the way to go.

I can't afford green paint. I'll try a post on the QDMA site and see what they know about the Field General. It's built in TN and I think a few of the guys are from the area.

Top Bottom