Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fighting trail cam delay?

boacephus

Stealth cam has a 5 sec delay. Getting alot of pics of nothing. I don't think its the placement, same problem in a few different spots. It's not pointed at corn, or I think I even read cedar trees can set it off. Not pointing east or west so not the sun, I'm thinking its the delay. I tried setting it on trails that I could get a long view before they changed directions, that doesn't seem to work. Any ideas to help me out, I'm a frustrated but the few pics of littlen's and does have me addicted already. I'm thinking a mineral or salt lick, maybe even the mineral recipe on this site, to make the deer pause. Maybe this would be more for a different forum, but how does that effect the movement of the deer. I suppose a big mineral lick would keep em coming and I could hunt a trail heading to it, but I don't really want to change the deers pattern any, just catch pics of what is already hanging out in those areas. No that wasn't a run on sentence, hope there isn't ne english teachers on here. What about apple juice to make them pause to sniff the ground? I just want them to pause, for 5 seconds, lol. Thanks in advance.+

Put a piece of electricians tape on each side of the sensor. I cover up about 3/8" on each side of the sensor. I also don't have the best of luck with my Stealth in the summer. I get a lot of pictures of nothing....

Hope it helps!!!

Mark...

I have battled the same problems this summer and have given up completly on the deer trails with the slow trigger cameras, right now I am using shell corn to stop them for the pictures and also am having great luck stopping them at mock scrapes. I would be carefull about establishing mineral licks on trails leading to your stand but if you know of licks that are already established those are also great to stop deer for a good picture.Good luck.

Top Bottom