Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

figure this one out

petey33

yesterday morning i was out and 2 does and four fawns piled in from the field right into my lap. the lead doe came in and i touched the release at 12 yards. it was about 6:40 am. i see a huge puff of white hair. the other five took off and the doe i shot ran a little ways and stopped a few times in a circle and then joined the other deer and off into the field they went. i totally assumed i shot under her, yeah i blew a 12 yard shot, but sat another hour and got down about 8:00. went and looked at the hair, didn't see any blood. looked at my arrow, nothing on the broad head, nothing on the arrow, the tiniest bit of pink on one of my fletchings. so i walked up the trail, and i see a few spots of blood and then all of sudden blood everywhere, good bubbly blood. i followed the blood up to the edge of the field and then decided i was going to give her three or four hours since i had no idea what i could have hit. went home and called the property owners to make sure i could go in, went back out about 12 o'clock. picked up the trail easily. found her first bed about 600 yards into the search. i trailed this deer with a steady blood trail for close to 2 miles. the last blood was a spot on the ground about six inches around. after this nothing. not a spot anywhere. i searched the area around this extensively. is she still alive? what could i have hit that made her bleed so badly? does she have any blood left in her? i am amazed i didn't find this deer, not because of the hit, but because of the huge amount of blood she had lost. let me know what you think fellas............................

Who knows, I think deer are the tuffest animals there are. Sounds like you probably shot her through the bottom of the brisket, just barely catching a lung. May not be a fatal hit.

Top Bottom