Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Filled my muzzleloader tag this A.M.

HUSKERBUCK

PMA Member
Nothing like waithing till the last moment. Nebraskas muzzleloader season ends tonite. I took off work today to be able to hunt this morning as I cant hunt this afternoon. Gotta bring in the New Year with the wife and friends you know. It is extremely difficult to fill a muzzleloader tag in my area where I hunt. ALL the deer are bunched up in a section of ground that has NO hunting. Catching one somewhere else is very hard. The deer have been run hard for the last month and a half by rifle hunters and others with a smokepole. Almost everyone drives around hoping to catch a deer off that property and shoot from the road. Of all the people that hunt around here only a couple of us hunt from a stand. I have been out about 15 times this month and have seen only about 20 does while in the stand. You can drive around the no hunting ground and see 75 to 100 deer in the evening without looking very hard. I have only had two does in range and that was the very first time I went out. Well anyway, I went out this morning And got luck enough to fill my tag. The trust old Knight did the job. 50 yard shot, dropped in its tracks. Only one problem, thought I was shooting a doe. Turned out to be a button buck. Kinda pi$$ed at myself but cant do anything about it now. But then I thought how hard it is to fill a muzzleloader tag in my area and how much I love being in a treestand, so what the heck. My hunting season consisted of releasing one arrow and one shot with my smokepole. Result, two deer in the freezer. Well Id better get ready to ring in 2004. HUSKERBUCK wishes all of you a happy, safe, and prosperous NEW YEAR!!
31045-cheers2.gif
31045-cheers2.gif

Top Bottom